A Little Silver, Gold And Platinum

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunt with some very nice finds for your trouble.

Just how hard is it to locate the rightful owner of the rings, and what do you do with them if nobody claims them.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's rather easy using Google and Facebook to track people down these days. I've had a couple of class rings that I just could not find the owner. I usually sell them for scrap gold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's rather easy using Google and Facebook to track people down these days. I've had a couple of class rings that I just could not find the owner. I usually sell them for scrap gold.

Just a heads up if you can't find the owner and decide to melt. Send to Mid-west. The reason is they buy gold out right if you send in less than 3oz. So no matter what "K" you send in they pay you for 12k. And I believe they charge 5% for the service. I found out after a few send in's.. So the melt on 33 grammer is 12k/.500  (Not 10k as stamped)

Also, Great hunt!! Wow!

SNAG-0001.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Just a heads up if you can't find the owner and decide to melt. Send to Mid-west. The reason is they buy gold out right if you send in less than 3oz. So no matter what "K" you send in they pay you for 12k. And I believe they charge 5% for the service. I found out after a few send in's.. So the melt on 33 grammer is 12k/.500  (Not 10k as stamped)

Also, Great hunt!! Wow!

SNAG-0001.jpg

Awesome, thank you very much for the information!!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to A Little Silver, Gold And Platinum