1st Time To Start My Charging The Legend

Just took the Legend out of the box for the 1st time since I bought it when they 1st came out a few months ago.

1st thing I did was put the Legend together and then Plugged the Detector into my Apple MiniMac.When I plugged the Legend into the USB I saw a quick light flash on the Legend,so I left it since I felt it was going to charge.A hour later the screen was still blank so I turned on the Legend.Well it turned on without a problem and the top left it looks like the Battery is fully charged.

My Question is,is the Legend supposed to be off when charging?And if so is there supposed to be something on the screen telling you when its at full charged?Orrrr is the Legend supposed to be on when Charging?Just wondering....>JT

Probably not enough power out of the comupeters usb to charge it. Get one of the wall adapter, that's what I use on all my detectors.

I have it off when charging but it will also charge if on as when connected to the auxiliary battery pack. I will charge it several hours until the battery icon has steady full bars. Seems to work better with a charger greater than 1 amp.

When I plug it in my MacMini the screen goes on a second.

I plugged the Legend Basic into the back of my older PC, Stereo and Radio,Car Usb and the same thing happens.What would be best USB to get so I will have a Icon on the screen when the unit is turned off and charging.Thanks.

The screen flash is normal. A charger that puts out 1 amp or more is fairly fast. Less than that takes too long for me.

Then its ok if I get the fast Flash at the start.

Even if its Connected to the Computer and NO screen when off it will still charge but will take a lot longer with a slow charge?.....The Legend is at  full charged so I guess I will have to use it abitss after a few months in its box lol.Thanks

I charge mine with it off.

It has a bright screen for a second and then goes dark. In the upper left hand corner you see a small picture of it charging.