Help With My New XP Deus II

spositer

Hi all,

I just purchased the XP Deus II.  I have been testing this out and saved my first program.  I am looking for advice on how to quite the background noise while sweeping in Park mode.  I tried ground balancing with no effect.  Not sure if this is EMI noise but there must be a way to quite it down while sweeping to hear targets only.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Steve

Noise could be one of several sources - Ground noise (are you sure you are GB properly?), EMI (did you try frequency shift noise cancel), mineralization in the ground/ferrous fragments - so what are your filter settings (Discrimination, bottle cap, and silencer)?

For us to help you, it's best for you to start with your custom program.  What factory program did you use as your starting point?  Then go through your custom settings.  A little background on your experience with detectors and detecting would help us understand if there are any general/basic conceptual issues associated with detector setup you may be struggling with, as well.  Standing by to help...

• Like 1

Also, is this your first XP detector?  They are known for having a sparky behavior with some background noise being perfectly normal at higher sensitivity settings especially using PWM audio.

• Like 1

Stick with the stock programs for at least a month before making any changes.

Dig everything to see how your machine reacts in your environment so you can begin to see patterns

Before you dig a target scan through several programs to see how the target looks and sounds in each

Go to a park or place you know well. Try one program only that day. Go back again but this time use another program and don't switch it up. Learn it thoroughly.

Do this each time and dig everything and in no time you will know how your machine reacts and works on your soils. 

Keep it simple and just detect without making any changes for at least 30-50 hours.

Hope that helps. 

• Like 2