I'm not saying anything against the performance of the Legend. I like it. 

The Legend 11" coil is to heavy for me. Just a comparison, the Equinox 11" coil is much lighter. 

The Legend 6" coil is a little heavy for it's size. Again for comparison, the Equinox 6" coil is very light.

I'm waiting for the 5x9.5 coil and hope it's a nice light coil like the Kruzer coil. That would be my main coil. I'm looking forward to it. I would like the coil to be white like the Gold Kruzer.

Definitely, the Legend feels heavier on the arm than the Equinox. However, it is a balanced heavy and so far I have not heard of any Legend coil ears breaking............

Mounting the auxiliary battery improves the balance to me. I use the LG35 coil a good bit, and it is fine too if you shorten the shaft about 1 inch. The 6 inch LG15 is practically weightless. When NM introduces the LG24  9.5X5 inch it should be an ideal combination.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I mainly use the SP24 coil on the Simplex.  I don't like swinging the 11" Round in the parks.  Even though it's a little heavy, I prefer it for coverage on the beach.

I'd do the same with an LG24.

Walt

Jeff has a good point, the increased weight comes with the increased robustness, sometimes it's better for something to be a bit heavier and a sturdy build.  I'd take a stronger build with slightly more weight than a lighter weak build any day.

• Like 1

I’m waiting for a reply back after filling out a submission form to return my Legend.  It’s messed up, jumpy, missing targets, locking up, vdi is way off, something is definitely wrong.  Just bought it a couple months ago so it’s still falls under the two year warranty.

I really love the legend I had to get the pro pack with the 6 inch coil.  I hunt trashy parks in NC.  Clay is hard, filled with iron, lots of trash is where the jewelry and coins are.  I put my recovery speed up to 10 and gain way up too.  

saying that, the only other machine I have while I wait to send my legend in is a vanquish 540.  It’s what I started with, but after using the legend I can’t separate targets with the 540.

so I did what any normal detectorist would do I bought a equinox 800 and had the 6 inch coil delivered separately.

equinox is lighter than the legend but not to kind with emi.  I give that to the legend.

equinox vdi is better than the legend and smacks the coins better.  I think the legends build is a bit better and did upload the latest 1.09 hoping it would fix the issues I was having, to no avail.

I’ve only had the 800 for two days but I really like it, I know it has some weak and strong points but so does every machine.  Once the legend gets fixed these are two great machines.  Just ordered the coil supporter for the equinox I’ve heard these can break.  And I’ll be getting a carbon fiber shaft soon as well.

I will get the 5-9.5 coil, that bridges the gap between the 6-11 inch coil very well.

3 minutes ago, Troy E said:

I’m waiting for a reply back after filling out a submission form to return my Legend.  It’s messed up, jumpy, missing targets, locking up, vdi is way off, something is definitely wrong.  Just bought it a couple months ago so it’s still falls under the two year warranty.

Make sure there is no soil/sand under your coil cover.................If there is, clean it and retest. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, midalake said:

Make sure there is no soil/sand under your coil cover.................If there is, clean it and retest. 

Thank you so much, I think that fixed it.  It was dirty and grimy.

cleaned it up and I think it’s working normal now. Lesson learned. 

• Like 3