Having A Blast In Australia!

Good to hear you had a good trip Downunder!

I hope you picked up some of the bloody ozzie lingo so ya can bloody well understand what we are yappin about when ya come back.

If you come back maybe you should do a stint with the Goldhounds?

By the way you are real lucky that you never encountered a drop bear or hoop snake in your travels.......... or ya never would have made it back alive!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gold Hound said:

Good to hear you had a good trip Downunder!

I hope you picked up some of the bloody ozzie lingo so ya can bloody well understand what we are yappin about when ya come back.

If you come back maybe you should do a stint with the Goldhounds?

By the way you are real lucky that you never encountered a drop bear or hoop snake in your travels.......... or ya never would have made it back alive!

I hope he left any bad habits JP might of taught him out in the bush,

Now I know who you are, I really enjoyed your mega Video. Top Job,

john 

Hey Dale,

I had a corker of a time while there!

I love to travel anyway, and to be able to incorporate the gold and the new friends was amazing.

Oh yeah, everyone had a lend of me about the drop bears and hoop snakes ----

I saw a couple but couldn't get them on film... fair dinkum on that mate.....:wink:

Reckon I would love to do a stint with the GoldHounds---- That would be another highlight of me life---- one more would be to run with norvic for a stint.....

JP told me i would have to get in top shape to go out running with your gang--- He said that country is not for the grasshoppers or the grey nomads like me!!! hahahaha

As long as I dont cark it first I plan to come back often!!! ----

JP and Frieda are flat out like a lizard licking since they opened up---it is good to see,

but of course i would love to get out and see some more of the bush --- the Lucky Country is a big place!!

Yes that would be a true adventure for me ( as long as Tremain isnt too bad of a Standover man---:laugh:)

Let me know when a good time of the year is to visit where you are located and i will try to do a work around,,

Hooroo mate!

• Like 1

Don't go in Summer Paul, I went way out in the bush in Queensland and I had a thirst that would kill a Blue Dog, I won't be doing that again, Even standing up in the back of Cruiser Ute at a 100ks it was still too hot,,

April - May are the cooler months to go,, otherwise it's like Death Valley in the US,

john 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

Don't go in Summer Paul, I went way out in the bush in Queensland and I had a thirst that would kill a Blue Dog, I won't be doing that again, Even standing up in the back of Cruiser Ute at a 100ks it was still too hot,,

April - May are the cooler months to go,, otherwise it's like Death Valley in the US,

john 

April may are still hot and have a high risk of a cyclone or monsoonal trough.

The coolest time of the year is mid June to mid August, and even then it still will hit 40degc any day there is no wind or cloud. But at least it cools off nicely at night.

Jp is right about where we work it is some of the most rugged country in the world! Im not exaggerating either it would compare to remote Alaska exept its friggin hot instead of bloody freezing!

But we got plenty of spots where we camp on gold....... literally! We even make our own little claims by putting our cars and beds on a bit of ground and saying "whatevers under mi car and swag is mine"............ a fair bit of claim jumping goes on and a few rocks get hidden under swags as revenge....fun!

Then there's the old python or small crocodile in the swag trick...... ya gota watch ya back in our camp once the fun starts!

• Like 1

In South East Queensland I use cut Timber for a living and from the End of April to the end of June,  I use to supply folks with fire wood, It might be different out in the Bush, And the Rainy months is where my Busiest months, On average it was a 11 to 12 week Boost In my Income.

john

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats Paul, But I can't help thinking that just maybe you were a good Student and took on board that JP Said, I know he is at one with a detector and is extremely Skilled so maybe some of his VooDoo rubbed off on you,

If he Bottles It I will take a couple of Quarts :biggrin::cool::cool:

John

On 5/2/2016 at 8:51 PM, Gold Hound said:

April may are still hot and have a high risk of a cyclone or monsoonal trough.

The coolest time of the year is mid June to mid August, and even then it still will hit 40degc any day there is no wind or cloud. But at least it cools off nicely at night.

Jp is right about where we work it is some of the most rugged country in the world! Im not exaggerating either it would compare to remote Alaska exept its friggin hot instead of bloody freezing!

But we got plenty of spots where we camp on gold....... literally! We even make our own little claims by putting our cars and beds on a bit of ground and saying "whatevers under mi car and swag is mine"............ a fair bit of claim jumping goes on and a few rocks get hidden under swags as revenge....fun!

Then there's the old python or small crocodile in the swag trick...... ya gota watch ya back in our camp once the fun starts!

I may take off a couple of months in September to come over again---- or is that too late for your gang???

Norvic if you are on the channel let me know about your area in September....

Been gone less than a month and already planning me way back mates!!!! lolol

• Like 1