Having A Blast In Australia!

On ya Paul, you keep the Z, tis a magic machine  Yeah got my ears on, LOL,  Septembers not bad, getting warm plus the barras are getting a wee hungry by then. Just spent a week down Hinchinbrook, only one legal barra and it was barely legal, but a good feed of mud crabs. Off on a backtrap trip with son for a few days tomorrow, into billy goat country that the Goddess of Gold has been promising has it just laying around. But she`s one of those Sheilas that is always teasing.

But I`m excited and it will be a good walk into new country plus time with the Young Fella is precious.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norvic said:

On ya Paul, you keep the Z, tis a magic machine  Yeah got my ears on, LOL,  Septembers not bad, getting warm plus the barras are getting a wee hungry by then. Just spent a week down Hinchinbrook, only one legal barra and it was barely legal, but a good feed of mud crabs. Off on a backtrap trip with son for a few days tomorrow, into billy goat country that the Goddess of Gold has been promising has it just laying around. But she`s one of those Sheilas that is always teasing.

But I`m excited and it will be a good walk into new country plus time with the Young Fella is precious.

Vic,

Sounds like a great trip planned with the son...

Take some pics of you two together.... and send me a shot or two of all the gold you gents will be digging up!!!

I would love to see some vid of the target sounds before you dig and the results after.... thats what i love to hear...!

Check out my theory here: reference: The initial squeak...

That initial sound that makes you stop in your tracks long enough to even give it a scrape... I think sometimes it can be an almost inaudible sound ----maybe our brain gets programmed to hear that squeak that may hardly be distinguishable to others, but a good detectorist's brain processes it like a BOOM...

that is my goal...to be able to process that sound or blip, or whatever you want to call it,  I want my brain to be trained to amplify it so that it sounds like BOOM....

And then,... I want to be energetic enough to actually at least give it a scrape before i pass it off as ground noise----

Lately I think I have found that that initial sound ----(blip, warble, squeal, whatever)-- is not always re-producable when you go back over the spot that made you check up..... especially if you change your orientation----

When you are detecting along and suddenly your brain goes,  "Oooops, what was that???--- but then you have a hard time hearing it again-- Maybe that is because you are now focusing all you senses to that spot whereas before your inner brain was hearing it and going BOOM.... now it doesnt make that BOOM....

So i think i have to remember to scrape or scratch a little everytime i get that "Ooops" to see if i can get a decent sound....

Sometimes my mind is at odds with itself---One side says dig, and the other side says it isnt anything"--

I think the fainter the target the more the side to dig will win out--- the loud BOOMERS sometime make me want to walk away--- As an example the biggest nugget I got this week was sounding like a big piece of tin can and shallow so i almost let it go --- right in a well traveled spot too...so that also made me think it was trash--

i went ahead and gave it a scratch and sure enough it was shallow and in my pile---- I almost....almost kicked it back in the scratch but i decided to try to see how long it would take me to pinpoint this "piece of trash"--- didn't take but one scoop and i had it -- sure enough there it was, a little 1/2 grammer shining up to me..

But i digress--- you men have a great outing and let me see some photos please!

(You all probably know all this and i know I am just catching up):biggrin:

paul

• Like 2

On 23/05/2016 at 9:15 AM, vanursepaul said:

I may take off a couple of months in September to come over again---- or is that too late for your gang???

Norvic if you are on the channel let me know about your area in September....

Been gone less than a month and already planning me way back mates!!!! lolol

Hi Paul

If you came in september I would take you out for a week with me, or if you had your own 4x4 you could tag along for longer.

I am warning you though Paul, it starts to get bloody hot in september. And in october even most of the locals dont come out at that time of the year, as it usually hits 35degc by 8am and nearly always gose over 40 and can easily hit 45!  In november and december only the hardend still come out as its just hot all the time.

If it was me I would save my hollidays and come over in june july august, the weather is beautiful.

It would be my honour to show a yankee gentalman a good time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gold Hound said:

Hi Paul

If you came in september I would take you out for a week with me, or if you had your own 4x4 you could tag along for longer.

I am warning you though Paul, it starts to get bloody hot in september. And in october even most of the locals dont come out at that time of the year, as it usually hits 35degc by 8am and nearly always gose over 40 and can easily hit 45!  In november and december only the hardend still come out as its just hot all the time.

If it was me I would save my hollidays and come over in june july august, the weather is beautiful.

It would be my honour to show a yankee gentalman a good time.

Thanks for the advice GH,

Yea... I don't want to come over when it would be too miserable to swing the 7...

I was thinking of making an extended run over there anyway... so June July and August sounds like a great plan!

I hired out a Prado this time there,,,, may be a little too big for just one person tho.. probably go for one that is more like a cruiser next time

That way I could also check in with Norvic ...

and  then i could zip back down to see the lad in Clermont who helped me get on track:wink:

I just took a contract for a 3 month job and that will put me right into the middle of September (which is beautiful weather over here to be detecting just about anywhere)

I will concentrate the rest of the year to save up lots of cash in case the dollar does a flip on me between now and then... Have to say I enjoyed the rate while there this trip...

Are you all going on another mission soon?

Or are you on one now?

I would like to see more videos...!

I realize how much time it takes to produce one...!!!

Just making a little blip with a cell phone can be a pain....

Well thanks for checking in and tell the Gould Hound crew I say G'day!!!!

Hoo roo mates..

• Like 1

I`ll be brutal, Paul, heed Dales advice, June/July/August is the time for NQ. Even this May is a hot one, Son and I baked on our little backpack mission, came home a day early because we run out of drink water. I always plan on 5 litres a day/1person minimium, but wasn`t enough due to heat. Sweated it all out but had a ball, Son found a wee patch 50m from camp on last day, bit of a bummer looks like the GOG has deserted me and gone over to the Young Fella.

I got relegated pick duty-----you know dig hole, cover back in and "jealously, rage, rant etc etc" watch the glee on his face, but in sympathy he left me a few scraps to detect. Now I`ve gotta put up with a smug Young Fella, (teach em everything you know and still they know nothing!!!!!) Bloody unfaithful Shiela, the GOG is. Wouldn`t be dead for quids, Magic.

• Like 3

GH; what makes you think Paul is a gentleman...kind and generous definitely...but????

just kidding, Paul you better be tough and in shape to hang with GoldHound.

When I went to the Northern territory it was 90 or hotter and 90 % humidity every day and the was in July as i recall...

fred

Recall a evening in Timber Ck (NT) was 39deg C at 9PM (during summer) under a ceiling fan whilst eating evening meal.

When NTers visit NQ they wear a light coat in our Summer.

She was a saucy Shiela, John. Capice no.

• Like 1