Deus Lower Rod Improvement

This is for using the simplex or Legend carbon fiber lower rod with a Deus or Deus 2. This is all you need, a nylon spacer 2 thick rubber washers and Sand each side of the lower rod down just a little bit so that there's plenty of space on each side where it's not rubbing the inside of the coil ears. This lower rod not only is stiffer because it's carbon fiber but it's also lighter weight, and 2.5 in longer which for me eliminates the need for a tall man center rod. So if you're swinging the larger coils you won't get that whipping effect of the lower rod flexing back and forth after the swing. This works perfectly this should have been the lower shaft that came with the new detector but for $35 and about $2 in parts it works much better than the original. I added this so I could use it on the beach and in the water on the Gulf Coast because the original shaft was causing wear issues were sand was getting in and rubbing the inner coil ear.  no matter how tight I tightened it that coil would still move a little bit because it's only a one washer design. This setup uses 2 washers, it is plenty tight enough to keep coil from moving.   It's the same thing as using the new Anderson rod where you have two washers and it just stiffens up the coil so much better.

Screenshot_20220711-145546_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220711-145540_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220711-145536_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220711-145532_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220711-145523_Photos.jpg

• Like 9

I super glued that bushing in as it fits perfectly flush on each side. If you do that then you can go ahead use your cone fitting that came with the stock Deus coil hardware. It would be set up exactly like the stock lower rod one washer with a cone on one side pushing the lower shaft over against the washer if anyone is afraid of their warranty being voided.  

Here is a couple more pics to show that if you wanted to make it more stock like original it's easy to do instead of putting a rubber washer and just get you a nylon washer you can get the three quarter inch with a quarter inch hole 1/8 inch thick and use it in place of the washer and it still leaves plenty of room and it pushes that lower rod over snugly against the washer when the opposite side and that way it would behave exactly as the original would except for it would be a better lower rod with no flex and two and a half inches more length.

Screenshot_20220712-110457_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220712-110142_eBay.jpg

• The title was changed to Deus Lower Rod Improvement