Deus 2 Carbon Fiber Rod Done

midalake

Thanks for the kind words, midalake, glad to help!  You did a great job!

Brad, I'm at work on a prototype Deus 2 complete shaft, that will utilize round tubes.  The one I built for midalake "worked" because he used one of my prototype lower rods (which will work with my complete shaft, when it's ready), on an existing straight shaft.  The issue there, is that he needed a handle and a way to mount the remote control, so he took care of that part on his own (nice job, midalake!)  Bottom line -- if you need something quickly, and can fabricate a handle/mount system to fit a straight shaft (as midalake did), then I can certainly help you out with a lower rod, and the straight-shaft upper section to go with it.  Otherwise, I'm moving quickly on the Deus 2 complete shaft; I'll attach a picture of a prototype below -- made with 3D printed parts and scrap carbon tubes.  On the "production" model, the remote-control mount will be black plastic (not white), and the handle and arm cuff will be carbon fiber, not 3D printed plastic.

Thanks!

Steve

Deus2ProtoV2.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, steveg said:

I'm at work on a prototype Deus 2 complete shaft, that will utilize round tubes. 

That looks slick Steve!
I like how the remote mount is recessed from the handle.

Does that upper shaft slide into the handle like the stock piece?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Deus 2 Carbon Fiber Rod Done

CPT_GhostLight -- THANKS!

Brad -- Very keen eye you have there!  That remote mount being recessed like that is VERY intentional; the first time I handled a D2, I immediately noticed that to access the buttons on the remote, a user must manipulate their thumb in what I consider to be a very awkward, unusual manner (requiring you to loosen your grip on the handle and "contort" your thumb in an unnatural way).  So, by "recessing" the mount like that, it will also "recess" the remote control, so to speak, thus placing the face/screen of the remote more nearly on the same plane as the rear side of the handle.  As a result, the motion of your thumb that is needed to access the buttons on the remove will be a much simpler/more natural motion.

And yes, the upper shaft will "slide into the handle," in the way the stock shaft does.

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 2

CPT -- LOL, thanks!  I'll of course be glad to get you taken care of, when it's ready...

Steve

• Like 2

21 hours ago, steveg said:

CPT_GhostLight -- THANKS!

Brad -- Very keen eye you have there!  That remote mount being recessed like that is VERY intentional; the first time I handled a D2, I immediately noticed that to access the buttons on the remote, a user must manipulate their thumb in what I consider to be a very awkward, unusual manner (requiring you to loosen your grip on the handle and "contort" your thumb in an unnatural way).  So, by "recessing" the mount like that, it will also "recess" the remote control, so to speak, thus placing the face/screen of the remote more nearly on the same plane as the rear side of the handle.  As a result, the motion of your thumb that is needed to access the buttons on the remove will be a much simpler/more natural motion.

And yes, the upper shaft will "slide into the handle," in the way the stock shaft does.

Thanks!

Steve

Another good point "for me" with that recessed mount....it "should" solve the rubbing problem I have on my thumb knuckle. On the stock shaft/handle my thumb rubs on the bottom of the remote. 

Get r done Steve.... I'm saving up my clad to pay you!

Cliff

• Like 2