Deus 2 Carbon Fiber Rod Done

midalake

2 minutes ago, cdv said:

.it "should" solve the rubbing problem I have on my thumb knuckle. On the stock shaft/handle my thumb rubs on the bottom of the remote. 

That is why I use a hand stop on the set-up I made. With the forces of waves, it has been an important part of my set-up for years. HH

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cdv said:

Another good point "for me" with that recessed mount....it "should" solve the rubbing problem I have on my thumb knuckle. On the stock shaft/handle my thumb rubs on the bottom of the remote. 

Get r done Steve.... I'm saving up my clad to pay you!

Cliff

Cliff,

Ah -- good point.  Having not swung a Deus (only handled one briefly), that "hand rubbing" was not something I would have noticed right off, but yes -- with the remote "recessed," I think it will likely mitigate that problem, as well...

Thanks -- I'll hurry along as quick as I can, with it!

Steve

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 11:21 AM, steveg said:

Otherwise, I'm moving quickly on the Deus 2 complete shaft; I'll attach a picture of a prototype below -- made with 3D printed parts and scrap carbon tubes.  On the "production" model, the remote-control mount will be black plastic (not white), and the handle and arm cuff will be carbon fiber, not 3D printed plastic

Looking forward to the finished product, Steve.

Meanwhile, nice homebrew rig, Dave, can't wait to hear how it does on your next trip down south.

• Like 1

I have the same knuckle problem cdv... 

Steve, I want one ... lol.

• Like 1

martygene -- got it, thanks!  LOL!

Steve