USA Nickel Target ID Changes With Ground Balance Change 1.08

There is a change in US nickel target ID from 25/26 to 23 if ground balance is changed from 0 to around 40 and above using the Legend in any of its Multi frequency modes. This appears to be a 1.08 update only issue. I don’t ever remember seeing this in 1.05 (never used 1.06 or 1.07)

It also can happen on similar conductive targets that have target IDs around the nickel range. I have not been able to duplicate this on higher conductive targets or much lower ones like small gold. 40 kHz single frequency does slightly up average most targets by one target ID segment compared to 10, 15, and 20 kHz no matter what the ground balance setting is.

I have updated to 1.08 and have done a User Profile full factory default reset. This change in nickel target IDs is slight (just 2 digits) but shouldn’t be happening in my opinion.

If you want to test your 1.08 Legend just take a US nickel which normally has an air test target ID of 25/26 and first sweep it in Park or Field Multi 1, 2 or 3 with ground balance set on 0. Change the ground balance to at least 40 or higher and you may see the nickel ID change to a steady 23…….

This anomaly was first noticed by History Teacher whose YouTube channel is Southern Relics. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to USA Nickel Target ID Changes With Ground Balance Change 1.08

The Legend 1.09 update addressed the issue above. 

The next update will be a Beta version so that anyone can test it for a limited time before the final release. 

Bluetooth Threshold anomalies will also be addressed soon. 

Hey Jeff, good catch on the nickel ID.  Do you know if each update of the Legend has to be done in order or if these new updates include all previous changes?  In other words, in the case of 1.09. does it include 1.08?  I was going to update mine last night to 1.08 but didn't have time so now I don't know if I should do that followed by 1.09 or not.