Legend Update- V.1.09!

How exactly do you reset the Legend ? I cannot seem to do it. Or don't know how .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuke em said:

How exactly do you reset the Legend ? I cannot seem to do it. Or don't know how .

Same here.  Supposed to long press the pinpoint button, but could never get Fd to show up.  Must be missing something. Love the added features/functions but the obscure icon driven/multi-function menu system is getting a little unwieldy (non-intuitive) with all these "secret" key press combinations to activate/adjust these features.  The seldom used ones are hard to recall in the field.  Getting to the point where I need to keep notes on my phone or at least a laminated cheat sheet.

• Like 1

To Factory reset, go into the User profile setting, then hold the pinpoint button for a few seconds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To reset the Legend, go to volume and then press and hold pinpoint until it's it's done.

Rick,   that's not correct for Factory reset. That is how you access the Audio gain setting.

Your right! My mistake.

It has been a learning curve for me that's for sure.

• Like 1

here is how you do a factory reset after update

while the Legend is powered on click the power button once it will open the first sub menu use the right arrow to move over to the little man while on that little man (do not push the up Arrow) that will take you to a second sub menu to set up user profiles again DO NOT PRESS THE UP ARROW

just move over to the little man it will be blinking hold down on the pin point reject button its the bottom middle button continue holding that down you will see some bars going around the screen of the Legend continue holding pin point reject button until you see FD in the screen of the Legend you have now performed a factory reset LOL

if after this you save a custom user profile you want to delete one of your user profiles or two of them you do not have to do a factory reset you can just delete one or two if you want that is done by going into the user profiles

• Like 2

With the screen types used on these detectors they're trying to cram too much onto the screens and making them very complicated to navigate around.  I understand why they're using the screens they are, very efficient on the batteries so they can keep the detector weight down by using less batteries but the detector would be a whole lot easier to use if it had an LCD/LED panel like the CTX where they can make the screen draw anything to have far better menu systems that are easier to navigate and understand.  They could do away with these button combinations to bring up hidden settings and so on and make the detector far easier to use with an LED panel.

It's a difficult decision between the traditional screen and the LED with the LED being easier to use and navigate being able to draw any menu interface they want, better screen experience, colour screen, easier to control far more functions, less need for as many buttons, a more modern looking detector vs the typical detector screen with less battery draw, possibly easier to see in the bright sun but very limited on display options.

• Like 1

The big problem is that every time they have updates the manual changes . I get enough trouble trying to suss the newer machines as it is LOL 

Apart from the small symbols at the bottom of the screen which are a bit small , i can put up with . The big issue i have is the awkward place they have put the battery indicator . Real hard to see in that corner .

As for battery. I might have a problem with mine? I think its using too much . I seem to get at max around 8 hours out of the battery. I am going to go out sometime in the week and run till flat and see what happens . I hope i find Gold , damn its getting harder than a Bishops dick at choir practice !

• Haha 1