Hello everyone, this is a subject that I am always obsessed with 😅. Which metal detector has your favorite sound tone?

Ps:the sound of my favorite whites mxt all pro sounds very nice 😗

• Like 2

I've only been detecting for 2 years now, and was partial to my Equinox over my Ace 400. Now that I have a Deus 2 I'm beginning to prefer its sound over everything because of the tonal nuances that identify targets more accurately.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Now that I have a Deus 2 I'm beginning to prefer its sound over everything because of the tonal nuances that identify targets more accurately.

Well?  There are lots of different sounds in many different modes available. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, midalake said:

Well?  There are lots of different sounds in many different modes available. 

Don't see a need to be specific... 🤔 I have used beach modes, relic, the sensitive modes, and just plain old general. I've also been messing with the XY screen, and it helps me understand whatever tone comes up in whatever mode. 😀 In general it's way more expressive than the Equinox. Digging those straight lines!

The Equinox with the 10x5 is still my favorite pillage machine. 🙂 Tried and true.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Don't see a need to be specific... 🤔 I have used beach modes, relic, the sensitive modes, and just plain old general

Not my point, I do believe you like the "sound". The Deus has an incredible array of ways to set the tonal abilities of the machine. You have Pitch audio, which is adjustable from 150to 603Hz. Next is audio in Square and PWM which is adjustable from 100 to 933Hz. 

This is important for customers and buyers to know. 

For myself, I have picked square tones and raised the Hz up to mimic the sounds of the Equinox.  I will be using both machines and when doing so, I do not like them singing different music to my ears. I understand both machines will have their own language per say, but I want the tones I hear to be similar.  😎

• Like 4

I use my Excalibur, TDI or Equinox depending on the situation. The sound I enjoy hearing the most is from the Excal when switching from all metal (pinpoint) to discriminate and getting that low or mid tone. I use the Excal mostly at the beach in the wet sand where there are fewer pull tabs and foil bits so those lower tones are often from jewelry.

You mean nobody likes the Simplex duck being murdered tones?

The CTX has beautiful audio.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I have used my grandfather's detectors for a while the Equinox and the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.

They both have their own distinct sounds, but I can't understand why I like the BH more.

I know it sounds crazy, but the old school sound just gets me every time I hit a target.

I will say that when I go detecting I like to use the 800 more so I can actually find something of value.

I may get a chance to go this month to do a little detecting and I just can't wait to get back out there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...