Retirement & Detecting / Where To Go ??? Tip #1

Arizona #3 on the list.... https://www.wmicentral.com/best-and-worst-states-for-retirement-in-2022/article_b9e4f43b-00cc-508f-8f90-a398ad8f758e.html

I lived down in Aus a couple times, both in Queensland and in NSW and with that big gold down there, all things considered, there are better, but for an American, there's none better WITH easy gold than Arizona. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jennifer said:

Arizona #3 on the list.... https://www.wmicentral.com/best-and-worst-states-for-retirement-in-2022/article_b9e4f43b-00cc-508f-8f90-a398ad8f758e.html

I lived down in Aus a couple times, both in Queensland and in NSW and with that big gold down there, all things considered, there are better, but there's none better WITH easy gold than Arizona. 🙂

WTG Jennifer, nothing beats having it in ones own backyard. 

• Thanks 1

thanks for the comments on the housing. i think i may have worried some of you with that. yes it would be a bit extreme selling and going full time.
im 90% sure ill stay with the plan of working till 55. there are bad days at work when i stop and look around and think, why am i still doing this.
im actually very cautious and calculating when making retirement plans. it is well thought out and wont be short funded.
if anything, i worry ill die with a bunch of cash left over as i really don't spend that much money. yes, expensive health problems could come up later in life.

i like my house, but ill likely sell it and get a smaller place when i retire.
home prices have spiked, but there are a few spots that i have been keeping an eye on that
are somewhat reasonably priced. mostly due to being away from the city, and i like that.
i really like spring valley just down the road from Mayer.
Wilhoit has some good prices. but im a little worried that this area could burn up fast in a fire.
Yarnell, i had a friend that i would visit there and it was/is a very nice area. he ended up losing his place to the big fire.
Jennifer, now you have me looking up stuff on trulia/zillow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bishop said:

thanks for the comments on the housing. i think i may have worried some of you with that. yes it would be a bit extreme selling and going full time.

Jennifer, now you have me looking up stuff on trulia/zillow.

Nothing extreme at all...... we only live once, there are no armored cars at a funeral. I was based (in an RV park, I've been full time RV since 2016) near Deer Valley Airport for a couple years and weekend trips out to the gold burned through gas and hotels so fast it didn't take long to save money getting out of that hell hole. Do it, you'll never look back....

Come up to Gold/Lost Basin, you'll be welcome with open arms my friend (Lost Basin/Meadview is a GREAT place, Gold Basin, Gregs Hideout, Dolan is the Compton of the area, stay clear)...

PS: Zillow is good for getting an idea of comps, but keep in mind a lot of those comps are over blown as they're cali people who've come in and bought some of the larger homes, not land, thus skewing the comps... best deals are word of mouth, these three I bought were all word of mouth and the 25 acres I mentioned earlier I just made an offer on 5 minutes ago was the same.... come up for the weekend and check it out, great place.

Close to Vegas if you need an international flight, less than a days drive to Rye Patch, Prescott, Jimmie District near Pahrump etc, a VFW, pub, great little town and it's a buyers market with the lake evaporating.

Jen

image.thumb.png.4666b661a40655137c0b6f631d701007.png

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

There is nothing like the security of having your own home to go back to, and as you age you surely would like settling into the security and comfort of your house not chasing the dream of nuggets,

There's a lot to be said for being able to wheel your wheelchair down the ramp onto your lawn and detecting for nuggies when you retire.. LOL

I spent so much time driving all day to get to the gold, I'll never do that again, you're so far in the hole before you even get there that like it or not, in the back of your mind you put pressure on yourself.... it takes the fun out of it.

Last fall, I had arm surgery, a friend Mark was here helping on the property, after a beer he grabbed his detector and my dog for a walk.... less than 100' from the ice chest, so close you can see my Kubota M62 parked in the back ground.... I haven't put petrol in the truck in 2 months, what price hike? Don't throw good money at bad ground, find some and make it home.

65533600146__0CB133CB-5575-4E29-AA2E-94DCCBCE7700.jpeg

IMG_0751.jpeg

IMG_0759.jpeg

IMG_0761.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

On 7/13/2022 at 3:31 PM, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

IMG_2441.thumb.JPG.84e185b1af12beb70e01d285fe8d1121.JPG

The last time I detected in weather like that was when I was with Lillooet, BC RCMP and we were looking for a knife tossed by a suspect, mid winter.... it sure wasn't gold we were after. LOL

Arizona is great for a fulltime RVer. Where I'll probably end up.  Sure won't be staying uptah camp in winter again (The same promise I made myself when I quit touring arrrgh , I did keep it 8 years before mom needed help.)

Although I loved Death Valley  in 06-07 , 

Yuma and Q in the winter and just drive up a few thousand feet into canyon territory for nice summers too. Snowbird in one state in less than a day !  Or just go till I get to the perfect temps ,  sometimes a pretty short drive .  I won't even try to figure out the gas bill for a round trip from Maine and 2 weeks time ....

Wherever I go , the Nox will follow.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Retire to Hawaii and hunt for gold rings. Can't get any better than that can it?

Cost of living is through the roof and we’re not the most loved by the natives.

• Like 1