Help Updating Legend With A Apple Mac Mini

I put the 1.09 files into the recently downloaded files of my MacMini.

Turned on the Legend and it says UP.

Now I am confused, do I go into the Legend and download the File?and if so how do I switch and get out of UP?And what's Next to do..Thanks alllll.JT

• The title was changed to Help Updating Legend With A Apple Mac Mini

41 minutes ago, johnnytuinals said:

I put the 1.09 files into the recently downloaded files of my MacMini.

Turned on the Legend and it says UP.

Now I am confused, do I go into the Legend and download the File?and if so how do I switch and get out of UP?And what's Next to do..Thanks alllll.JT

to start you need to go read the instructions you do not turn the Legend on it must be off when you connect it to your computer or mac once you are plugged in you hold the up arrow on the legend until UP appears on the legend screen this is all done after you go to the Nokta/Macro site and download the update to your PC once you download the update it will be a zip file you then right click the zip file and click extract all once that is done there will be a thing that looks like a disc right click the disk and install the files once files are installed there will be a updater tool on your desktop or somewhere on your pc open the updater tool just to make sure it is there then close updater tool after all this is done you then plug the Legend in to your PC hold up arrow oon Legend until UP appears on Legend screen then go back to updater tool open it then find the 1.09 Ben file select it and if it is working the update below the bin file will high light click the update button and sit back and pray it works this is the instructions for people using windows 10 and 11 I do not know if it is different for a mac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the straight forward instructions.

• Like 1

I think your talking about a PC and NOT a Apple Mac Mini?

Myself I downloaded the 1.09 and Updater Tool and save it too recent downloads,Then I plugged in my Legend and power it up and hit the button till it says UP.Now I am confused because if I hit the 1.09 Bin or Updater Tool on my Apple Mac mini it does nothing....I thought maybe I would have to go into the Legend and download the newest update from the detector?.JT

1 hour ago, johnnytuinals said:

I think your talking about a PC and NOT a Apple Mac Mini?

Myself I downloaded the 1.09 and Updater Tool and save it too recent downloads,Then I plugged in my Legend and power it up and hit the button till it says UP.Now I am confused because if I hit the 1.09 Bin or Updater Tool on my Apple Mac mini it does nothing....I thought maybe I would have to go into the Legend and download the newest update from the detector?.JT

here is the instructions for Mac

MacOS
1. Disable your antivirus program.
2. Plug the device into a different USB port, if your computer has more than one, to see if the problem is specific to one port.
3. The right drivers must be installed – Go to www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers and install the driver according to your computer’s operating system.
4. In the Finder on your Mac, locate the app you want to open.
Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
Control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
Click Open.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.
Note: You can also grant an exception for a blocked app by clicking the Open Anyway button in the General pane of Security & Privacy preferences. This button is available for about an hour after you try to open the app.
To change these preferences on your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy , then click General.

When you have downloaded the 1.09 updater and unzipped it you will have a folder with

Detector UpdateTool

Legend_v1.9.bin

DetectorUpdateTool.app.tar.gz

Click on Detector Update Tool. If you get a prompt saying it cannot be opened you will have to to click Cancel on the pop-up window to close it. Try to open Detector Update Tool again by right clicking your mouse and then click Open. Hopefully your mouse has a left and right click function. If it doesn’t press Control while clicking the mouse. When the pop-up window opens you will have the option to Open Detector Update Tool. After you open it it will prompt you to connect you Legend via a USB port. There may or may not be an alert tone. My Mac Mini makes no sound when I connect my Legend. Your Legend will seem to power on momentarily by itself and power down. It is just going into charging mode. Instead you are going to put it into Update mode so press and hold the UP button. The screen will light up and you will see the letters UP. Release the UP button The Detector Update Tool also prompts you to select the Bin file so do that from wherever you have it on your Mini. The Update box in the Detector Update Tool window should become active, so click on it and the Update will begin with numbers scrolling from 1 to 100 on the Legend screen. After it is finished you can disconnect the USB charging cable and enjoy your Legend.

I did not download any third party drivers from the site listed in an earlier post. You may not need them either. I have two Mac Minis. The oldest is running Catalina 10.15.7 and it is the one that I used for the Legend update.

Thanks for all the Info....

I tried Windows today on a PC and I was able to get the Updater Tool and hit Bin 1.09,1.08 or 1.05 and NONE worked.

Think I will stay and try to use my Apple Mac Mini with Monterey on it....Do I have to get out of the Mac Mini AntiVirus?Maybe thats why I cannot get the Updater tool installed?I know once the Updater tool is installed then I would have to click on the Bin I want,,,,,But I need to get to find how to install the Installer tool first tomorrow.>Thanks allll...>JT

2 hours ago, johnnytuinals said:

I tried Windows today on a PC and I was able to get the Updater Tool and hit Bin 1.09,1.08 or 1.05 and NONE worked.

Think I will stay and try to use my Apple Mac Mini with Monterey on it....Do I have to get out of the Mac Mini AntiVirus?Maybe thats why I cannot get the Updater tool installed?I know once the Updater tool is installed then I would have to click on the Bin I want,,,,,But I need to get to find how to install the Installer tool first tomorrow.>Thanks allll...>JT

There is a person on Facebook in the Legend groups he has helped a lot of users of the Legend that were having trouble installing the updates very nice person if you message him on Facebook he can probably help you to get the update installed in about 15 minuets his name is Jeremy Shanahan send him a message on Facebook he loves helping people that are having trouble with the updates

he will most likely do a video call so he can see what you are doing and walk you rite through the install

3 hours ago, johnnytuinals said:

I have Monterey on my newer Mac Mini.

I just downloaded the installer and it went into the Download folder. No issues with Mac Anti Virus so maybe you won't have any either.

I pulled the folder "mac-os-the-legend-update-v1.09" out of the download folder onto my Desktop. 

When you open the folder there are two items.

Click on the first one=DetectorUpdateTool.app.tar.gz and it will automatically unpack/unzip. Now you should have three items in that folder, just like I described in my previous post. 

If you just click on the DetectorUpdateTool  (image of a coil with representation of signal going down from it) you will not be able to open it. Press Cancel. Now hold down the Control key (far bottom left on the keyboard) and click on the DetectorUpdateTool again. A drop down menu will appear with Open on the first line. Click on Open. A new window will appear like the one earlier that wouldn't let you open the DetectorUpdateTool. This new window does have Open as an option. Click on Open and the DetectorUpdateTool will prompt you with instructions on the screen. After you get your Legend in Update mode with the screen lit and the letters UP, you will need to click on the little box with a line of dots in it (towards the bottom right). That will start the process of locating the LEGEND_v1.09.bin file. A window will open with all the possible locations for the folders and files. If you moved the Update folder to your Desktop, click on that. If the folder is still in Downloads click on that. Afterwards choose the "mac-os-the-legend-update-v1.09" file and click on it. Then click on the Legend_v1.09.bin file and you will be prompted to click on the box in the bottom right of the window which says OPEN. Afterwards the Update Tool Window will become active and eventually (it may take up to a minute) the UPDATE box will be highlighted. Click on the UPDATE box and your Legend will be updated.

So far I am doing pretty well lol.

I was able to get the UPDATER TOOL on my Mac mini to work butttt when I load the 1.09,or the 1.08 to the 1.05bins it seems that they are running on the Updater tool where you see on the bottom of the screen of the Updater tool looking to load buttttt on the Legend it only says UP.

Am I doing something wrong?I am using the Bins when I first download them unless I have to do something else and I keep them on my desk top........I am getting there lol.......Thanks allll.   JT