V1.08 Ground Tracking Issue

I got out for a short hunt this evening in spite of the heat. I wanted to check the new Iron filter settings, audio gain & Mineralization meter on one of my red dirt relic sites, 4 bars on the new meter. Not sure what that value is. I hope NM will publish a detailed chart, something specific like Fisher does for the F75.

It is very dry down past 12 inches so the nails & small iron this site is loaded with were very well behaved. No real falsing even at an Iron filter of 1.1 so that is how I hunted. Small & big iron still very identifiable.

What I did notice is that the Ground tracking feature is not working properly. This site, like most of my red dirt sites has ground that varies 8-12 points over fairly short distances. I have often used the Ground tracking on The Legend before with V1.06 and it worked quite well, Now, with 1.08, you can get a very precise Auto Ground Balance & it will hold that value as it should. If you engage the Auto Tracking function the GB value will almost immediately start counting down to zero in increments of 6. It does this if the coil is held stationary in the air or swept in a normal fashion over the ground. If you re- ground balance it will grab the value again and then start counting down to zero.

I will try to install V1.09 since it related to GB in some degree.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior with V1.08. V1.09?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm curious what tone settings your using while hunting in iron?  I want to use full tones BUT I'm seeing most people are using the 2-6 tone options.

Almost all of my relic sites have little modern trash so I mostly use 2 tones with the first TB @6, Disc A, Recovery 2-3, with iron volume loud enough to hear it well.  I will also use 60 tone some just for a change. It paints a nice sound picture. Same other settings. If a target is not small iron it is getting dug.

I was hoping some others would comment if their V1.08/1.09 had the same issue I am seeing.