Montana Gold

Nice work and nice gold!

Detecting the mountains is sure a different game than the deserts and prairies. That's some serious work you got going there clearing the land.

Crazy year for bear attacks, we've had a couple down here too already but luckily I think the people all survived this year. I haven't seen any griz for a few years myself but I'm starting to see lone wolves more often now.

• Like 3

Nice to see some finds. I was going to say you should change your avatar name to goldseeker 6000 but then see you are still using your 5000. No gold is easy gold & you deserve all you are getting. Thanks for sharing.

D4G 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jasong said:

Crazy year for bear attacks, we've had a couple down here too already but luckily I think the people all survived this year. 

thunder, lightning, wind, and lots of rain cut todays hunt short but did manage 15-20 tinys.  So I get home about 1:00 and neighbor trots over and tells me that a few minutes before I rolled in a blackie crossed my yard right by garage and strolled onto his place.  Bears in the subdivision happen semi-regularly, even had one on my front porch a few yrs back.  Bears behind every bush in Montana.....

JEEEEEEZE  Reese..... I thought the blowdown up XX creek was bad but that shit on your new claim is triple bad compared to XX creek.....have fun with that...lol

brownie.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Awesome gold Reese! And you work for it….I use some of your strategies here in Idaho too. Looking forward to your next book!👍😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i have only seen 2 bears in the wild and would mess my pants if i saw a grizzly.
if i was hunting up there i would have at least my 30/06 with me, i don't think a pistol would do the job.
nice gold.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Bishop said:

i have only seen 2 bears in the wild and would mess my pants if i saw a grizzly.
if i was hunting up there i would have at least my 30/06 with me, i don't think a pistol would do the job.
nice gold.

The Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull was made for such moments.

The Alaskan guide's best friend

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

I totally agree Jasong, I am gearing up for a fight too. My friend Will just heard back from Hans Oak and he told Will that he and myself and my claim buddies will have to get bonded before they will allow us in on his claim to even detect. They put a gate up going down into his claim and he is having trouble getting a key to drive down to it.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

I made it down to bedrock finally. Just the small deepest hole within the big hole. I cleared more ground to start layering down and working down the drainage towards my buddy 's hole. I am right in line with him and his hole to bedrt is only 3 ft. I was afraid when I started this hole yesterday that the bedrock was going to slope down as you go up slope from his hole. Itt a deep one so now the fun begins removing all the material within the cleared boundary of what I prepared. I noticed the deepest part of hole when I hit bedrock lookes like a mummy looking back at me. You can see both eyes, nose, right nostril, cheek bones and mouth. Pretty funny. I am standing in the deepest part of the hole. The last photo caption "This sure the hell ist Rye Patch"

IMG_20220716_105940605.jpg

IMG_20220716_135254910.jpg

IMG_20220716_110146729.jpg

IMG_20220716_110324319.jpg

IMG_20220716_133441657.jpg

IMG_20220716_171055212.jpg

IMG_20220716_133539665.jpg

IMG_20220716_095801476.jpg

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 2