Montana Gold

Not yet. I got two tiny ones when I took a break from digging and went down to my worked out patch. Then went back to digging. Tomorrow is a big day. Hopefully I will start seeing gold.

• Like 2

Nice post you got going here GS!!

And I hope you find many more nuggets at bedrock! I gotta say your gold hunting is much more work, and more hazardous than us beach/park guys, but it's that much more rewarding, and beautiful country! Sorry to hear about the red tape BS! It permeates everything "detecting" these days!!😵

You keep your head on a swivel for two, and four legged "critters"! I only have to watch out for the two legged variety here!!🤣🍀💰👍👍

• Like 3

What made you start digging there out of curiosity? Is it basically a test pit down to bedrock, or were you finding nuggets up top?

Good luck, hope you see some nice ones.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jasong said:

What made you start digging there out of curiosity? Is it basically a test pit down to bedrock, or were you finding nuggets up top?

I'm not sure what he is doing after seeing the hole in the ground, I was going to ask him if he was wearing steel toe boots while swinging the detector.

Hope he replies to your question and let us know what is going on with that hole.

• Haha 1

Well whatever you find , nobody can say you didn't work for it ! 

That's NOT a hole , it's a pit !   Holie Guacamolie! 

I know a fella that has a similar excavation in his backyahd , he bakes beans and shore dinnahs in it  BUT the corn is yellow !!

• Like 1

You will find test pits all over the sierras where they just dig down as far as they can. When they can no longer throw the dirt out of the hole with the shovel then that’s deep enough. Usually in a good spot of course lol.  Real mans work. 

Strick 

• Like 3

Jasong, Valens Legacy, It is the gut of the gulch. The old timers were working the gut and working up the gulch and they never worked the ground to the emediate side of their trench because they were putting their overburden there. They were sloppy at working the gold. There is gold all along this side. The pay streak was wider than they were working. My buddy pulled over 41 grams out of this line to the side in two weeks. I am starting from the top end of where they visibly stopped and working back towards his trench. Bedrock at his trench where he left off is only 3ft down. The stretch between where he left off and my pit should have more good gold. Gold nuggets up to 6 oz have come off of my claim in recent years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh my! 1