Montana Gold

What are you guys working there, is it an old dry wash that the old timers dug the center out of but not the sides? Or is that like an old flume or something leading to other old workings?

• Like 1

Jasong,

To the side of my hole is where the old timers dug and got their gold. They pile the tailings in long windrows where my hole is, in the side of the piles.  There is bedrock under where they piled the tailings that has gold all through it. There is also still alot of gold in the piles as well. The old timers missed alot. Good for me and my claim buddies. My hands completely and totally hurt. But I will keep at it despite the pain. Gotta get that gold.

• Like 4

It is a dry gulch. The old timers had to transport the dirt and gravels in wagons down to the bottom of our gulch where there is a spring, to process.

• Like 2

Cool, thanks for the posts, keep em coming. It's inspiration to get further up into the mountains around me, places I've basically left as the last to check off my list since it's so hard for me to see the ground under the all the cover and understand what's going on like I can in the deserts and prairies. 

Nice to see all the nitty gritty here and get an idea of where to start.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

It is a dry gulch. The old timers had to transport the dirt and gravels in wagons down to the bottom of our gulch where there is a spring, to process.

Is there only the nuggets you're finding or is there any fine gold in the soil?

If there is fine gold is it worth processing?

• Like 1

Gold Seeker, no there is no fines. It is all nuggets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1