Montana Gold

Goldseeker5000 when I worked my claim back in the early 1980s I dropped the dirt etc on a heavy tarp (Ground Sheet) and dragged is out from the face, spread it out and detected it and repeated it many times. The dirt was hard packed clay and broken bedrock, a lot of effort was put in. I hope you get well rewarded.

• Like 3

Geof_junk, I have done that before as well. I have also used a small board or Plexi glass, but with this claim we need to be mindful of backfilling. I got a lot to do regarding this. I am detecting on fairly flat rotten bedrock and keeping amount to detect between digging small to keep as many nuggets coming as possible and to backfill as I progress with very little added work. Two birds with one stone.

• Like 2

Got another 5 yesterday. 

IMG_20220731_144021079_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220731_204245625_HDR.jpg

• Like 8

Hey Reese,

Sounds like you are doing well, great to hear.  Curious, where you are digging by hand, are you finding anything digging down through the layers or is most of the nuggets on bedrock or near bedrock?  

Looks like you have hundreds of pieces from the area.  

Rob

• Like 2

Rob, from top of old tailings all the way down and past native material and into the bedrock.  Working a second claim as well. These 29 pieces came from 3 days of detecting. Some areas I am just walking and detecting. 

IMG_20220802_141930604_HDR.jpg

• Like 6