Montana Gold

Well "Smaug's Gold" my claim, has alot of EMI and there is no avoiding it. Some days are better than others. I will need to observe it over the next several days detecting with it. There is alot of smoke in the air up in these mountains and alot of airplane traffic. Might be that, might be solar flares. I don't know, but it is getting gold on ground 2-3 of us have pounded with 3 6000's using the 11" and 17". I suppose each coil they make could vary on how hot each one is. Perhaps I have a hot 🔥 coil. I don't know if that is possible but I am liking it. It feels almost twice as heavy as the 11". I really love the Minelab 17" coil. It's gotten me alot of gold. I'll let y'all know if coming days it quiets down. 

• Like 3

Im looking forward to getting the 7"x12.5" Nugget Finder and 10x16. It is crunch time with getting the gold before I head south at end of October. I have a goal of another 1 - 1.5 oz. This camping in griz territory is stressful. I have been camping amonst them since May 22 and all the critters I have had to deal with is annoying and taking a toll on my moral. Fly's trying to get into your ear canal constantly, mosquitos, silk worms, millers, centipedes, other types of worms, mice, a northern flying squirrel woke me up last night. It was on top of my tent at the peak 10' high chewing and scratching. I first thought it was a bear outside my tent getting into something, until I realized the noise was coming from the top of the tent. Then I smacked the roof panel of the tent with the broom and a couple minutes later you could hear it walking down the fabric and jumping back onto the tree behind the tent. It ate the screen mesh of one of my tent windows a month ago or so. 

IMG_20220714_230200342.jpg

IMG_20220610_182944014.jpg

IMG_20220717_074638377.jpg

IMG_20220723_223229508.jpg

IMG_20220726_210228991.jpg

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Nice Reese , been really enjoying reading about  your adventure up north. I been camping in my backyard and didn't realize how many animals are out making all kinds of noise, freaking coyotes get the local dogs yipping and yapping, but with the heat sure feels nice to sleep outside. I can't imagine all those critters in your area and grizzlies!!  Think I am going to beat the heat by visiting the California Mineral Museum to see if they have any new acquisitions of gold specimens and nuggets . The gold vault holds some of my local specimens I have found over the years for the visitors to see. The heart within the nugget is cool, its a keeper!

• Like 3

I know what you mean with camping in the back yard. The back yard at my son's mom's place had a black bear and cubs a month or two ago, right in town. The high river prevented her from getting her cubs across so she just hung out in the neighborhood till the fish and game got them back across the river. I had a good day. Lots of iron and wire and 1 nugget. 

IMG_20220821_155107073_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220821_113724533_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220821_113617763_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Got 6 small ones today. I am liking this coil. It is sensitive for sure. EMI wasn't too bad today. Even with EMI you know when you have a target. Even when it doesn't repeat both directions, and is incredibly faint, it will get the tiniest pieces of gold. If Coiltek is reading this, you really should bevel the bottom edge of your coils. It makes a huge difference, preventing coil from catching on everything. 

IMG_20220822_171405228.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Didn't go detecting today. Instead I sorted out an ounce of gold and got it cleaned up with CLR. Sure came out pretty. This ounce is laying for my share of our new claim we are buying. Had a hell of a hail, thunder, rain storm an hour ago or more. Did a number on the road into the gulch. 

IMG_20220823_163523939.jpg

IMG_20220823_090933300.jpg

Freakin Awesome.!!!