Legend Sound Stopped Working…….and Ideas Why?

All,

Was detecting this afternoon without the headphones and about an hour into, the sound (external speaker) stopped completely.  It was fully charged, version 1.08 and it has been working fine up until this afternoon.   The mute function is not activated, checked that twice.  Turned it on and off several times, still no change.  It is showing VDI’s, and everything else seems to be working fine, just no sound.  Any ideas or anyone encounter this?

Thanks.

Common problem with the Legend from what I'm seeing on Facebook, send it off for warranty. 

• Like 2

Can you get audio thru the Headphones if the Bluetooth is on?

• Like 1

Same thing happen to me on my Simplex . One minute it was working great then the sound was gone.

I was never told what the problem was but it was fixed.

Chuck 

• Like 1

JCR,

Good idea, I normally use the headphones but decided not to yesterday.  I haven't tried the headphones after the sound stopped working.  I'll try it tonight and report back. 

Phrunt,

Hope I don't have to go that route. 

JCR,

Yes, it does have sound through the headphones.  So it appears that it is just an external speaker issue.  

• Like 1

It's the speaker failing, it was a problem with the Simplex too but it's worse on the Legend, a lot more people reporting it, could just be the Legend is more popular so the number of failures of course increases with the number of detectors sold.

• Like 1

Out of all the people it could have happened to that Nokta would really prefer it didn't .... Calabash 😛

It does give an indication of how common the problem is though, I've seen a lot of people complain about it happening to them.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Seems to be a few going out lately, they are extremely loud I know mine is anyway. I have reduced the volume and audio gain right down on my unit.

• Like 1