Legend Sound Stopped Working…….and Ideas Why?

That's the spirit, keep your friends close and your enemies closer 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, phrunt said:

Dilek has released a video talking about the new ground balance but addresses the speaker in it. 

She's saying they're looking at changing brand of speaker and are testing a new one now.

I'm thinking I'll finally give in and buy a Legend as I'm impressed with their willingness to find and fix problems and love their continual firmware updates with bug fixes of course but also some improvements but I'll give it another few months, it's winter now anyway so I'm rarely detecting at the moment.  Hopefully by the time I buy one everything is ironed out.

I too am always impressed at their willingness to serve the customer when something goes wrong.  Ya can’t beat that.  I’m still holding off on a Legend though until things sort out.  I’m always willing to buy new tech and go through the struggles and updates as a Guinea pig, but hardware issues are something that should have been sorted prior to release.  Just imagine the fury if most other modern detectors had a hardware issue.  For some reason NM always gets a free pass.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sent it in for repair and was returned in perfect working order in about a week.   Thanks Andy.  

• Like 3

I’ve been hunting with my legend for months and today the sound dropped, I can barely hear it.  But it’s like a software problem too.  Even with the gain at 30 recovery at 10 it’s not picking up stuff and the vdi numbers are staying up way to long even when I hit other targets, like it locks up the previous targets?   The depth of targets is way out of whack. It’s messed up, I’ve reset it a couple times on and off.  Still nothing.  Only thing I’m thinking that could help is update to 1.09, I’ve been running it with 1.07 only because my laptop computer broke.  I’ll have my friend help me out with the update.  If that don’t work I’ll have to send her in.  I wonder what the return time is.  I might have to buy another one to get me bye if it’s more than two weeks or months.

3 hours ago, Troy E said:

I wonder what the return time is.  

Welcome to the forum. The post right before yours said it was about a week turnaround time.  Lots of great info here if you take the time to pour through it.  Plus there's a pretty good search feature.  

• Like 1

Awesome, that's the way to do it Dilek! Well done and thanks for being open about the problem and working a solution quickly.

• Like 1