Is Garrett About To Release A New Gold Prospecting Pi?

TDI repackage would be a (potential) let down to me. A "Steve's ATX lighter repackaging" at an affordable price would be pretty compelling though, especially if it had a few new modern accoutrements. Especially being able to use spiral GPX coils.

There was a post on another sub forum that I can't find now demonstrating the ATX sensitivity, which was surprisingly good.

Simon, wasn't there a Nokta prospecting PI supposed to be released around now too? I seem to recall some past thread...

1 minute ago, jasong said:

Simon, wasn't there a Nokta prospecting PI supposed to be released around now too? I seem to recall some past thread...

No, Nokta have started to work on it, don't know how long it would take to make a PI, I would expect a year or more before we see anything?

GPX coils on any new modern PI would be a massive bonus. Unfortunately the First Texas new prospecting detector won't be able to use GPX coils not because they didn't want to, but because the detector performance would be hindered by them.

• Like 1

Yea TDI repackage would be a waste of time. ATX repackage in a lighter configuration, waterproof, iron disc, rechargeable battery, and wireless headphones for around $2000 would be a winner IMO.

• Like 4

Their advertising says the most powerful prospecting detector they've ever created, it can't be a new TDI as I believe the ATX was more powerful than the TDI?  It has to be more powerful than the ATX.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It's possible Minelab think they're better than they are. 

You're kidding right 🤔 This is a thread about a new Garrett prospecting detector isn't it? Your cross pollinating two different markets/subjects to add weight to do what exactly?

The gold detecting market would have to be over 90% Minelab right now.  I think ML have every right to think "they're better" based on sales alone.  

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Oddly I see nothing new for trademarks or fcc testing for Garrett Electronics or Garrett Metal Detectors. I checked White's out of curiosity too.

Do they have some other company they file under?

1 minute ago, Jonathan Porter said:

You're kidding right 🤔 This is a thread about a new Garrett prospecting detector isn't it? Your cross pollinating two different markets/subjects to add weight to do what exactly?

The gold detecting market would have to be over 90% Minelab rught now.  I think ML have every rught to think "they're better" based on sales alone.  

They owned the VLF's since the Equinox came out, they've lost that crown now with two other brands competing and or beating them with that, one can only hope in the best interests of customers that the same can take place with PI's as we can get some true competition.  I'm not brand loyal I'll buy whichever works best for me.  At the moment yes, they're better than everyone else, but will that remain forever?  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, abenson said:

Yea TDI repackage would be a waste of time. ATX repackage in a lighter configuration, waterproof, iron disc, rechargeable battery, and wireless headphones for around $2000 would be a winner IMO.

Yeah, I agree, I think the TDI is at the end of the road. I had designed it with some hooks for ground tracking & performance upgrades but the ATX is a better platform.

To Tom's post, one day I would like to see half-sine make it at least to field testing. I think it has a lot of potential.

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

The gold detecting market would have to be over 90% Minelab rught now.  I think ML have every rught to think "they're better" based on sales alone.  

Yup, agreed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

They owned the VLF's since the Equinox came out, they've lost that crown now with two other brands competing and or beating them with that, one can only hope in the best interests of customers that the same can take place with PI's as we can get some true competition.  I'm not brand loyal I'll buy whichever works best for me.  At the moment yes, they're better than everyone else, but will that remain forever?  

Once again, YOUR thread is about a new Garrett prospecting detector. Anyone developing a PI has a LOT of catching up to do to increase their market share.  

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

All I can say is after the Apex subpar performance I hope Garrett really has something to talk about with this new detector. I can tell you right now I'm not going to even think about buying one until the initial reviews are out. All the latest ergonomics, looks and features can't replace subpar performance these days. The competition is too stiff to release a lack luster performer. 

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Is Garrett About To Release A New Gold Prospecting Pi?