Is Garrett About To Release A New Gold Prospecting Pi?

Chipping coils may come back to bite them.  I'm glad Garrett is sensible on this one and it'll be good to see what the aftermarket guys can do with coils for it.

• Like 1

I wonder if the current Garrett Axiom coils are regular wound or if they have flat wound wiring.  Mention was of some unique configuration for the DD coil.  That's all we know so far.

I think there are endless opportunities for the aftermarket to do coils for it, AI coils, concentric coils, spirals, whatever, without chips they can go nuts experimenting making coils.    This is one big advantage they have over Minelab.

Instead of making out the aftermarket manufacturers are some sort of enemy Garrett can embrace them and the benefits they may bring to the detector's sales.  No restrictions! refreshing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Chipping coils may come back to bite them.  I'm glad Garrett is sensible on this one and it'll be good to see what the aftermarket guys can do with coils for it.

Your not the Lone Ranger Phrunt, every X coil enthusiast and many others will welcome chipless coils. Not only users suspect X coil, Coiltek, NF and all coil manufacturers will be hoping for the end of chipped coils

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Your not the Lone Ranger Phrunt, every X coil enthusiast and many others will welcome chipless coils. Not only users suspect X coil, Coiltek, NF and all coil manufacturers will be hoping for the end of chipped coils

I've already been on the blower to X-coils begging they make coils for it 😛  Hard part will be getting the detector to Kazakhstan, although I'd be glad to ship one over to them to get the ball rolling.

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I've already been on the blower to X-coils begging they make coils for it 😛  Hard part will be getting the detector to Kazakhstan, although I'd be glad to ship one over to them to get the ball rolling.

Heh cuz maybe take a wee breather, an Axiom in hand will see the go.🤪

4 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Heh cuz maybe take a wee breather, an Axiom in hand will see the go.🤪

So when Minelab comes out with a new detector the early bird catches the worm, get in quick, run run run! When Garrett does, wait and see? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

So when Minelab comes out with a new detector the early bird catches the worm, get in quick, run run run! When Garrett does, wait and see? 🙂

For me cuz that is true, coz I`ve been there before was way back a Garrett early bird, but I`ll have one if the user network proves tis a winner just twice bitten thrice shy. 

• Like 2

On you folks, tis tops to see that excitement, lets drink to there being competition in our beloved detector market.