Is Garrett About To Release A New Gold Prospecting Pi?

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

A bit part of the reason for the lack of excitement in Australia is that it is from the USA, not because that is a bad thing, but it means the pricing won't be good, sadly that means pricing even if its cheap by comparison in the USA to the 6000 in our part of the world it's pricing is almost the same as a 6000.  If we are lucky it may end up a few hundred dollars cheaper.  We'll have to wait until official AU/NZ pricing is out but at the moment just changing exchange rates it's not looking good at all.

Hey…..I got excited 👍

My excitement is capped for now until I know how it performs over here in WA ground. I’m thrilled with everything that the Axiom has shown but until local performance and pricing is out then I’ll sit back and see how things unfold.

I was disappointed to see that Tibooburra ground…….I can’t be 100% certain but it looks quite tame.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tony said:

.I can’t be 100% certain but it looks quite tame.

Looks can be deceiving.....but not this time 😉 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

No not your videos 😄 I haven't see them yet. The ones where they talk you to death and then show you a target dug up and tell you it was this deep (give or take) 🙄 You know, the ones that give you absolutely no knowledge of the machine's capabilities. I'm waiting for a day off so I can binge watch your videos. I know you will just tell it straight with no financial gain from it. There is nothing worse than watching the first run of videos on YouTube (for any new release) because they have you held captive since they are the first ones to release. ☺️ Seriously Steve, that comment was absolutely not aimed at you.

No worries, I happen to know you are one of the “good guys” who have a sensible attitude about all this. Plus I can’t help but like a guy that uses a 5000 to beach hunt for silver. :smile: No, I was poking fun at myself as much as anything.

The videos coming from me are a video version of the instruction manual, no real details on performance or anything. In a nutshell I think the Axiom falls between GPX 5000 and GPX 6000 for performance, with exact results depending on the ground and targets sought. It’s not a clean linear thing, 1, 2, 3, more three top tier machines in the same ballpark, each with strengths and weaknesses. Some people like you prefer a GPX 5000 over the GPX 6000 for very valid reasons. Others just the opposite, for their own reasons. Axiom will have its own group who find it just a bit better suited for them and what they are doing. I may very well be one of those people, because gun to head, Axiom vs 6000, I think the Axiom would have to stay. It’s simply more versatile, more like the 5000 in that regard, while still having some of the improved small gold hots the 5000 lacks, but maybe not as good as the 6000 in that regard.

That’s about as close an evaluation anyone is going to pry out of me. Three flavors of vanilla, plain, extra creamy, or vanilla bean. Which do you like? Three flavors of PI, GPX 5000, Axiom, and GPX 6000. Which do you like? A case can be made for any, and no answer is “wrong.” In case nobody has noticed, Minelab still sells the GPX 5000, but to go by what prospectors say on this forum, anything but a 6000 or 7000 is a waste of time. Yet I remember not long ago when the GPX 5000 was considered the best. Well, except by those that insisted their GP 3500 was better, and some of them are still around. This whole idea of crowning any one detector as best is just sheer nonsense. It’s the people using them that are actually better or worse in all the ways that matter.

Garrett Axiom Quick Facts, Owner's Manual, Etc.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I did notice that Warren was in Vic so hopefully he got a few videos of it there. My opinion is that if the detector adds value it will sell. Both the Zed and 6 added something  significant and Minelab sales show this.

morning all, new to the forum. I have yet to take a plunge into a PI setup. still running a AT gold and  AT pro.  I got the notice the other day about the axiom. according to the response I got on the garretts dectors YT page the MAP  price will be 3995.

I see that price now on the other thread.

On 7/26/2022 at 1:59 PM, phrunt said:

as Geotech pointed out, only 4 wires on the coil plug, not chipped! 🙂

phrunt, 

Do you think we'll be able to change out the plug and use our older GPX 5000 coils...ML, NF & CT that some of us have sitting in the closet?🤔

Bill

7 minutes ago, cobill said:

phrunt, 

Do you think we'll be able to change out the plug and use our older GPX 5000 coils...ML, NF & CT that some of us have sitting in the closet?🤔

Bill

That would be a dream but way too early to know, good point though 🙂  Chet will probably work that out in quick order once he gets his hands on one.

• Like 1

Going purely by hype from internet sources my detectometer has the Axiom slipping from could be a 6K killer to be maybe a SDC killer. 

• Like 1

Ah my apologies, it took the crink out of my neck which will allow me to have my early morn detect in my backyard.