Confused As Confused Can Be

I am having an issue with the ground balance on my Legend, I have watched Dilek's last video where she states the ground balance is working correctly, but I do not feel it is in my case

I have re-installed the 1.09 update 7-9 times because of what I am seeing, my ground balance values run anywhere from the 50s to the 90s which most of the time it is somewhere in the mid to high 80s I have ground balanced with two other detectors several times, just to compare, when I start seeing the issue arise with the legend the Simplex Plus and the AT Pro both run fairly close in the GB Numbers, the Legend also after each re install of the 1.09 reads close to the simplex and AT Pro as far as GB values, here is where I think there is a problem with the Legends Ground Balance, after each re install the GB number's appear to be correct but with in a few days what I start to see is the Legend's GB values start declining and reading 1-12 most of the time it will end up at 0-1 on GB values but when I check the ground balance values with the simplex plus it is still giving me GB numbers 50-80 or 90s how in the heck can those numbers on the legend be so off from the simplex plus or the ATP, according to Dilek in the Video the legend ground balance is doing what it is supposed to do

can someone explain how this is correct so that I can understand

I posted earlier about seeing an issue with the ground tracking running the GB down to zero.  I am still watching the regular non tracking numbers. I am still on V1.08. V1.09 is being difficult to install. I was going to wait on the next update with Threshold corrected & just take my machine back to the local computer shop that helped me get V1.08 installed.  Check to see if you have unknowingly activated Ground tracking. If so turn it off & do a regular ground grab balance then monitor it as you detect. There is something not right but I am sure NM will get it corrected. My Legend with V1.08 is really impressive on the performance otherwise. The Iron filter/stability really makes a difference in unmasking.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JCR said:

I posted earlier about seeing an issue with the ground tracking running the GB down to zero.  I am still watching the regular non tracking numbers. I am still on V1.08. V1.09 is being difficult to install. I was going to wait on the next update with Threshold corrected & just take my machine back to the local computer shop that helped me get V1.08 installed.  Check to see if you have unknowingly activated Ground tracking. If so turn it off & do a regular ground grab balance then monitor it as you detect. There is something not right but I am sure NM will get it corrected. My Legend with V1.08 is really impressive on the performance otherwise. The Iron filter/stability really makes a difference in unmasking.

I have checked to see if tracking is on and it is not,that is one of the things I keep checking, and I could understand the changing GB values if I was running with the tracking activated, but not to the extent the GB numbers are coming up, or dropping rather, especially when the Simplex plus is giving way higher GB numbers also the AT PRO, for instance when it starts dropping on the Legend I check with the Simplex Plus the GB numbers on the Simplex PLUS is reading in the 70s-90s but the Legend will start out at that range and then goes to 1-10 it ends up 0-2 or 3, by what Dilek said in the video she posted up today, she says that is how the legend is supposed to work and this just does not seem correct to me

I agree with you. Something is not right with mine in ground tracking mode for sure. I spoke to the NM repair center & told him what I was seeing & he said he would check his V1.09.

In a recent post @Geotechstated that Ground Balance is all done in software. I think when NM tried to correct the TID of mid conductors with V1.09 they only caught part of the underlying issue. There is something more going on in V1.08 than a 5 cent Nickel dropping to 23 if Gb is above 40. I did the Factory reset on mine & everything else works as it should. The detector really is impressive.

I wish more members here would chime in on this so we can understand how common this behavior is. I plan on hunting some this weekend. I will have the Anfibio Multi with me also & do some more investigating.

@DSMITHWhere did you see the video you referred to about Dilek discussing ground balance in the last few days?

I checked the NM Youtube channel but nothing new there.

I will only add that software/firmware generally does not produce different results over time so if you get typical GB values after the software install/update then you should repeatedly get the same results, over time, under the same conditions.

This makes me believe that your machine has a hardware problem or a drifting problem that creeps in after power up.  If you can reproduce the problem repeatedly then have it professionally repaired.

• Like 1

That's something I noticed on the Legend I borrowed for a few days. The GB was different every time I did it. But that was version 1.06. I figured they had it fixed but I guess not.

• Like 1

Can you run it with tracking off? In mild ground I have noticed that on my Multi Kruzer the gb can start to drift low.

Most of the time you really don't need tracking.

• Like 1

I only run ground tracking on a few difficult sites I have. Otherwise, I just check the GB occasionally & re adjust if needed.

the issue I am seeing I am not running ground tracking it is off, what I am seeing is when I am performing the Ground Balance, because I have had to do a re- install I take it outside after the install along with my Simplex plus and the AT Pro I check the GB numbers with those two detectors first, then I will Ground Balance the legend in the same spots as the AT and simplex usually all the GB values on all three machines are close in values but after 3-5 days later the GB numbers start changing on the legend to the point it backs the numbers down on the legend to 0-10 usually it is at 0-3 and ends up at 0, when I start seeing that happening I will check the GB values with the Simplex plus and the ATP their numbers have not changed except maybe a point or two