Confused As Confused Can Be

5 hours ago, JCR said:

@DSMITHWhere did you see the video you referred to about Dilek discussing ground balance in the last few days?

I checked the NM Youtube channel but nothing new there.

https://www.facebook.com/noktadetectors/videos/976792629657215/?extid=CL-UNK-UNK-UNK-AN_GK0T-GK1C-GK2C&ref=sharing

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dutchman4 said:

I will only add that software/firmware generally does not produce different results over time so if you get typical GB values after the software install/update then you should repeatedly get the same results, over time, under the same conditions.

This makes me believe that your machine has a hardware problem or a drifting problem that creeps in after power up.  If you can reproduce the problem repeatedly then have it professionally repaired.

tell me just what you think they would repair according to Dilek this is the way the Legend is supposed to work or behave so why would someone waist their $$$$ to send in for repair, just for them to say it is working like it is supposed to work LOL

I am just trying to figure out if it is working or not working then I will decide whether to send in for warranty

2 hours ago, kac said:

Can you run it with tracking off? In mild ground I have noticed that on my Multi Kruzer the gb can start to drift low.

Most of the time you really don't need tracking.

what do you consider low GB numbers the ground I detect is anything but low GB numbers my GB numbers run anywhere from low 80s to mid to high 90s, the lowest I have seen so far in the areas I detect is around 76 on GB values but those numbers are very seldom most times it is up around mid 80s to mid to high 90s

I watched the video & understood what she explained. It still sounds strange to me & I am not yet convinced there is not something amiss with the Ground balance.   Granted, The Legend is my first SMF detector. I will be testing & closely monitoring the Ground balance this weekend.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JCR said:

I watched the video & understood what she explained. It still sounds strange to me & I am not yet convinced there is not something amiss with the Ground balance.   Granted, The Legend is my first SMF detector. I will be testing & closely monitoring the Ground balance this weekend.

I am with you something sounds a miss to me also but I am also like you the Legend is my first delve into a true multi frequency detector also so maybe I am miss understanding the GB on the Legend

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCR said:

JCR maybe you can explain to me this

I re watched Dilek's video again twice she kept referring to if the ground you are detecting does not have something for the legend to ground balance to like the sky for instance as she refer ed to it will make the Legend do what we are seeing does it work the same when the ground is highly mineralized like the ground I detect 80s-90s

if that is the case what is the purpose of having a ground balance feature, I think I am even more confused now

I am to old for someone to start confusing me like I am now LOL

Sounds like your ground is similar to what we have here. Can you turn off tracking?

44 minutes ago, kac said:

Sounds like your ground is similar to what we have here. Can you turn off tracking?

what I do not think you are understanding is I am not running with tracking activated it is not on tracking, every time this has happened that is the first thing I check to make sure I have not activated tracking, which is by the way very simple to do on the legend by mistake, but no I do not have the tracing GB on it is off

5 hours ago, DSMITH said:

tell me just what you think they would repair according to Dilek this is the way the Legend is supposed to work or behave so why would someone waist their $$$$ to send in for repair, just for them to say it is working like it is supposed to work LOL

I am just trying to figure out if it is working or not working then I will decide whether to send in for warranty

I dont own a legend and cant mention specifics.  I am only sharing what I know from troubleshooting electronic equipment for 38+ years.  Only trying to help you narrow down the areas to focus on based on past experience with other equipment but I cant say that this would apply to your situation.  I am only saying if you can easily reproduce the condition that you believe to be a problem/fault then a professional repair person should be able to evaluate and repair if needed.  

• Like 1

If your comparing the gb range to other machines or even with other coils those gb numbers can vary.

As an example larger wider coils or concentrics can read more ground mineralization and will have a different number than a narrow or small coil.

Stock dd and super fly on the Multi kruzer often have gb 10 points higher than the 5x9.5 because the smaller coil handles mineralization better and doesn't go as deep.

Big question is does the machine false on you? If you gb it and it falses then there might be something wrong with gb.