Will The Garrett 24k Work As A Relic Hunter?

I use the Gold Kruzer relic and jewelry hunting and it can be a noisy detector. I am thinking the 24k could replace it and the Gold Kruzer could take a break.

The 24k is quite an incredible detector. It runs quiet.. The Gold Kruzer can drive me crazy sometimes. I want to know if the 24k would work as a relic hunter. I know it is nugget detector and is extremely sensitive to very tiny targets. With the Gold Kruzer I set it to disc out nails and dig targets above foil when relic hunting to eliminate those tiny targets. I assume the 24k can do this too. Am I right?

I like using a nugget detector for relic and gold jewelry hunting plus my other detectors. The Gold Kruzer has incredible separation and I assume the 24k does too. 

I also use:

Equinox 800, Legend, Xp Orx, Gold Kruzer, Vaquaro and Tejon.

• Like 2

I wonder how quiet the 24K (48 kHz) would run on a salt water beach? I'm comparing it to my mate's Gold Monster (45 kHz) which runs like crap in this situation, especially wet sand.. I assume the 24K would handle any black sand to find jewellery but I'm wondering how it'll go with salt?      

• Like 1

I have fresh water lakes, so would be find for that.

• Like 1

Kinda eyed that machine for towel lines and cuts on the beaches. Might do ok on the cuts and be killer on towel lines for small stuff.

I think it's heavier than the Kruzers.

• Like 1

If I get one and decide I'm keeping it. I might alter it making it lighter.

Perfectly balanced, so weight not an issue. Super hot, so any wet salt sand is going to scream. As will tiny stuff in general, likely to be noisy in dense trash. If you got one, get it with the idea it might not work out for you for relic hunting. I have one, prefer it to the Monster as a nugget detector, but that’s what it is made for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Relic hunting the AT Max, Pro and even the Apex do pretty good. They are good on iron targets. I tend to hunt non iron targets and usually do my break on an old iron nail so on The AT's and Apex is around 32-33. On the Kruzers and Anfibio normalized scale it is 4.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I use the Gold Kruzer relic and jewelry hunting and it can be a noisy detector. I am thinking the 24k could replace it and the Gold Kruzer could take a break.

The 24k is quite an incredible detector. It runs quiet.. The Gold Kruzer can drive me crazy sometimes. I want to know if the 24k would work as a relic hunter. I know it is nugget detector and is extremely sensitive to very tiny targets. With the Gold Kruzer I set it to disc out nails and dig targets above foil when relic hunting to eliminate those tiny targets. I assume the 24k can do this too. Am I right?

I like using a nugget detector for relic and gold jewelry hunting plus my other detectors. The Gold Kruzer has incredible separation and I assume the 24k does too. 

I also use:

Equinox 800, Legend, Xp Orx, Gold Kruzer, Vaquaro and Tejon.

Looks like you have an Equinox 800. What's the problem using that?

I do use the Equinox 800. The Gold Kruzer has the best separation in iron. I use both of them and my other detectors.

Thanks Steve, I'm not going to get one just see if it works for relic hunting.

• The title was changed to Will The Garrett 24k Work As A Relic Hunter?