6 Days At The Beach, Not All That Great

It looks like you had an incredible time there. That beach looks miles long. It has to be intimidating looking at as you detect. Great photos as always. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not bad results because of the rain and all. I think you did pretty good. I bet if you lived around there you would get plenty of gold after a good storm. Looks flat, so I'm thinking the heavy stuff is deep. But that screen shot cracks me up ... looks like two English guys in armor with bucket heads on 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

It looks like you had an incredible time there. That beach looks miles long. It has to be intimidating looking at as you detect. Great photos as always. 

Thanks! I thought the beach was longer, it's really only 12 miles long 🤣 so I was probably only hunting a mile of it, maybe less than that. Felt bigger. 🤔 I stopped when the targets stopped. A lot of the houses near the beach and outside the area I hunted are privately owned, so they'd be beach savvy.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Not bad results because of the rain and all. I think you did pretty good. I bet if you lived around there you would get plenty of gold after a good storm. Looks flat, so I'm thinking the heavy stuff is deep. But that screen shot cracks me up ... looks like two English guys in armor with bucket heads on 😄

It does look like a prelude to a duel. Like we're both holding shields and our broadswords are down. "None shall pass" if you get the reference. 🤣 1960338751_images(9).jpeg.4cadbb9c82c53ad728cd86f1cc2beeb4.jpeg

The person who took the screen shot said that too!

The "all" part is that I was talking to a local, and she said that the island was running at half capacity at best. 

Another funny story:

I ran into a French guy on the beach when using the Deus, in our conversation he said, "So if I buy that detector, will I find a beautiful mermaid?" (Think thick French accent)

His wife was walking up and heard him, and I said "you already have", and pointed at his wife. He laughed and said "Good answer, you must have some French in you".

I said "Not a bit, but the detector is rubbing off on me" 

This beach was replenished almost 2' a couple of years ago. Yes, I would say that older gold is way out of my reach. I remember the guy with the Sovereign was digging 3' craters 😵 I did have faint signals, but the deepest targets were 12-14".

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Beaches here are almost impossible to get parking and that runs $5 an hour... Got to hit the towel lines where people shake off their goodies fussing with the umbrellas and towels.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

1 minute ago, kac said:

Beaches here are almost impossible to get parking and that runs $5 an hour... Got to hit the towel lines where people shake off their goodies fussing with the umbrellas and towels.

Spent most of my time on the towel line. 👍 only a few coins came from the surf line.

• Like 2

Well that looked like a beautiful spot and you got some cool finds and some great stories too. Thanks for sharing your adventures again! 😎

• Thanks 1

First off I would like to say nice hunt with some nice rings and finds.

Second thing I would like to know is how does it take an hour to walk past a dozen houses to the beach.

Last thing I would like to know is this, your at a beach next to a whole bunch of water and you have to leave because it rains. I go to the beach to get wet, so if it rains that is a plus.

Glad you had fun and lets hope that the next hunt is better for you.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well that looked like a beautiful spot and you got some cool finds and some great stories too. Thanks for sharing your adventures again! 😎

Thanks Cap'n! It is a beautiful beach, well maintained and heavily used. Fairly high risk of sharks, but people have a great time in the water. 🙄 I was going to do a day by day like my Savannah trip but it's a place I go to celebrate my wife's birthday for a week. 🤣 Also the sheer amount of finds/day was my lowest yet on such a trip. 🤬

Next year we're looking at Myrtle Beach.

• Like 5