Devil's Tongue Park Probe Review

Thanks for the review as it had some useful information in the write up. My only question for you is just how much is KAC sending you for this advertisement.

Just kidding glad it works good as I may be ordering one for myself.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

My only question for you is just how much is KAC sending you for this advertisement.

Haha, nothing. He sent a photo to a few of us asking us what we thought and I had to have it. To tell the truth I was worried about comments or thoughts about that, was gonna add a disclaimer.

Nah, he's just a genius who comes up with cool stuff when he has a need for it himself. 🙂 if this helps him sell a few more - great, he earned it. 👍 I think you can get them on eBay too.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/19368-devils-tongue-park-probes-available/#comment-205895

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Haha, nothing.

I knew that and I was just kidding with you, but then again it is KAC that your dealing with.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

I knew that and I was just kidding with you, but then again it is KAC that your dealing with.

Never a problem with kidding, my friend. Honestly it makes some of my posts more interesting! 🙂

As always, I invite questions, comments - and abuse. Have at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I made the probe for myself after realizing some foreseen issues with a folding version. First couple I made I used a high carbon steel and only made 3. I liked the design and it worked pretty well and thought it might be something others can use. Sent one of the 3 out for testing and another I did some stress testing and found the carbon steel was too brittle for what I wanted it for. Revised the disign a little bit from the testers feedback and changed over to an alloy steel that is impact resistant and tough. Made 4 of those kept one and sent the other 3 out for more testing. Bob was kind enough to be a guinee pig for me and give good feedback on how it works. Other testers were really happy as well.

I am getting requests for other versions or custom versions and looking at easier ways to cut the blades. Looking at a crevasse tool for divers and straight blade version.

All these including my regular diggers are done in small quantities as I am a one man band without a kazoo making these.

I really like that leather holster Bob found. Looks good.

Thanks,

Ken

• Like 8

19 hours ago, kac said:

All these including my regular diggers are done in small quantities

Since I have never used a probe of any kind like these I am wanting to learn how to use them correctly.

I have only used a sod cutter to get to all my targets and to keep the hole as small as possible.

Do you have any instructions on how to use these items and maybe you can start a new thread on this topic to help someone like me.

• Like 2

I pp the target with pp straight up and down and away from the target until I am spot on. I put the tip of probe tip facing down on opposite of target and push down then push the probe forward like a little pry bar and coil if its in range will be easy to pick up.

Bit deeper target I will kind of fish around until I feel them on tip of probe but that can be tricky if there are a lot of rocks.

Probe is best for targets that are just in the root line of the sod.

Others that have many more hours with probes probably have better methods or tips.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was out of town last week, and was able to test mine out in a beautifully manicured Park, in a "permit only" City! Rangers and grounds workers basically ignored me (rare for me🍀), as I left the Leche at home intentionally, for this place! Probe worked great!! And yes, I had a permit, If they had asked!!😁

Also tried it in some knarly shell rock and flint hard pack (odd combo), near where I was staying! Found a nickel that was shallow, but didn't even scratch or flex the probe, as I was prying the hell out of it, to get even an inch down!! Metal hardening seems to be spot on!! Great job Ken!!👍👍

20220713_164823.jpg

20220713_164604.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

was able to test mine out in a beautifully manicured Park

Interesting looking tokens, and you found 5 of them. They must be to a theme park in the area.

The star looks interesting also, was it a pin or what.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1