Devil's Tongue Park Probe Review

@kac Mine just arrived in the mail, can’t wait to try it out. It’s a very nice handmade tool.  Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Received the Devil's Tongue and it is stout.  I used it last weekend to pop coins out of a dried up and baked hard campground. 

5 stars on that tough as nails tool.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to +1 on F350's review of kac's Devil's Tongue Park Probe. I asked him if he could make one with an 8 inch blade and he did. It's masterfully crafted, light weight, strong, yet not bulky to hold, and it's a beauty! I got to take it out today and dug over 100 targets and it performed like pro. I dug in wet and dry grass with rocky sub-soil, and in rocky and sun-hardened ground, and it stood up to all of it. It even handled prying hard on deep rocks without a hitch. I'm really impressed with the Park Probe! It's defintely one of my best purchases of 2022! Now I can retire my home modded weed puller. The Park Probe goes deeper and allows me to get under targets and I didn't scratch a single coin. It's a keeper for me! Thank you kac!

Devils Tongue Park Probe-8-InchBlade.JPEG

MP-2022-09-06.JPEG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

It's defintely one of my best purchases of 2022!

Was for me too. 👍 Quite a hunt there Cap'n, seeing that fingernail gives me the willies tho. 😳

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I prefer the "Footlong" curved tip myself! Even had him leave my handle a little more blocky, for my hand! And beautiful burl wood handle!! But he will make whatever your preference!👍👍

On 7/28/2022 at 3:29 PM, kac said:

I did have a request for some variations on the probe, one for straight blade which I will make a few in next batch. I never wanted to carry a screwdriver around, never know what people will think or say so wanted somethign low profile, durable and half descent looking.

The bend I put in was because I also use it to pry rocks up and wanted to have a small curve to also fish targets from under big roots, so far this version does both really well.

I dig with tip facing down to compensate for tough dry ground. Straight blade might work bit more like a screwdriver in that sense.

Thanks for all the good feedback on it!

Ken

If at all possible I would like a 8” curved version. Can’t find any at all though for sale anywhere. If you can message me I appreciate it.

Thomas