A Month In Western Usa, 5 Of 5 Reports Posted -- Complete (updated)

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful adventure with us and showing us your finds. I know it takes a lot of time to put it all in such a short story with the details that you shared.

Good luck on your next trip and hope you get some more nice finds..

• Like 3

Nice write up GB looks like a fun trip....I’ve not been to the desert in 4-5 years miss it over there. The shoe looks to be from a donkey or a mule...

strick

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing, lucky you made the trip, most of us never have that opportunity.

So next year your only using the Vaquero right?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kac said:

So next year your only using the Vaquero right?

Was that tongue-in-cheek?  (If so you forgot the smiley face.  😄)  It's been a fun learning experience with the Tesoro Vaquero but I think I'm better off spending my time with a detector more familiar to me -- the ML Eqx 800.  When I was in Denver at the beginning of the trip, Jeff McClendon made a comment that really stuck with me.  (I'm paraphrasing.)  He said the new IB kids on the block (XP Deus2 and Nokta/Makro Legend) have improved his detecting with the  Equinox -- specifically in regards to listening more carefully to the tones.  That's what the Vaquero has done for me, so it's been worth the lesson.

• Like 4

So far none of the SMF's have a concentric coil option, That is where the old Tesoros still prove their usefulness around iron infestation. Granted targets that are not directly under iron can be sniffed out with small dd coils and fast recovery speeds but often a daunting task listenting to stuff that you just don't need to.

• Like 2