Detech 15″ Ultimate Spiral DD Searchcoil... Anyone Use It

8 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

Are you planning on using it for gold or relics/treasure?

Just one thing to consider if your using it for treasure, most treasure is small coin or up size, so sensitive coils can be a detriment as can be higher gain settings.

I found the best combo was gb off or sharp if it was on in some places where the soil required it. And I would lower my gain so that I did not constantly pick up small surface junk targets.

The opposite is required if you are going to use it for gold, high gain and I'd definitely run the spiral over the traditional bundle wound.

Here in Australia I ran it over extremely mineralised ground for gold but the monoloop coils and timings still out performed except in extreme conditions.

I'm using it for nuggets. Got a patch I've been working g with the stock 11 inch coil...been getting nuts to 2 dmt, down to about 13-14  inches. Want to hit that next level, and cover more ground. It's a big, wide open area.

• Like 2

I am using it for relics and it is very good at discriminating a large amount of iron, much better than the commanders, now yes, it is very heavy.  I had to buy the pro swing harness to swing it

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

We have been a long time Detech dealer and this is one of the more popular coils Nuggetshooter's use for higher mineralization, discrimination (if your detector has it) and more coverage per swing.  As you can tell, they are also very popular for the coin/relic/beach guys for good discrimination and depth.  

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Guys,

We have been a long time Detech dealer and this is one of the more popular coils Nuggetshooter's use for higher mineralization, discrimination (if your detector has it) and more coverage per swing.  As you can tell, they are also very popular for the coin/relic/beach guys for good discrimination and depth.  

Rob

Hey Rob! I actually left you a message on the office phone the other day. Was gonna try your cell, but been crazy busy with work. I will get hold of you in few days, pick your brain, and buy a coil. Thanks for the input. Ray

• Like 1