Greetings And Salutations From Michigan

7legend22

First detector in 1973? A Goldmaster TR. Beat that enamel off that shoebox size wonder for years. It paid for itself by the second year in finds. Many times over in rewards for returning lost items for which I never took. I know it still works, but in two home moves I still can't find the coil. It's here somewhere. I think I'll put up a pic of that TR when I have time. It may be 50 years old this month. Those were the days when you can sling around 10 pounds and not feel it. Today I get sore lifting three beers.

2nd detector is a Fisher Aquanaut 80 large coil circa 1985?. Fantastic as well, simple. Still the workhorse. Made like a safe.

Now my newest toy is the Macro Legend. Delivered a month ago and been out only two times. Got a lot to learn and I'll be heading over to the legend thread and hopefully read everything first then ask stupid questions later. Well, not really, but I'll try not to. May be going out tomorrow if I can get up. Weird not using AA's, but it is waterproof to 10 feet. Which is fine for beaches up to your neck. But I always wanted a multi freq and this one came out at the right budget. I couldn't touch minelabs.

Well, thought I'd just give a run down on my machines used and experience with them may help someone out.

Stay safe everyone, hope to be a productive member on this forum.

• Like 7

Welcome from East Texas. The Legend is a great choice. You will enjoy learning & using it.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Greetings And Salutations From Michigan

I started with a cheap BFO machine 52+years ago. Still have that machine even though it doesn't work anymore. It's just a reminder to me of how far we've come since then. Good luck with your Legend!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard and wishing you great luck with the Legend.  All of my Kansas friends that have invested into one have produced great finds in the fields and yards.  That machine is a great buy for the price that its offered for!  Did you buy the ProPack or just the factory one coil package?