Garrett Axiom Scores Monster Gold Nugget

Gerry, congrats on that killer nugget.  I was impressed with the audio letting you know to dig it up.  An exciting time for sure.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Ok Gerry...we all R waiting patiently for more info. In my case I want to know 4 things, (1)how does it perform in hot rock/trashy areas with DD coil. (2) How does it compare with the ML6000?.(3) how do the mono coils perform. What is the price with military discount if available? Thx

• Like 1

Friggin "Beginners" Luck Gerry!!😤 Now go wash that dirty mouth out with soap!🤑

WTG🤣🍀👍👍

GO GARRETT!!!🗽🎊🎉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gerry  

They said wash your mouth out but spit the dirt in a gold pan because it may have gold in it.

You could get another half ounce more. It would be if I was telling the story.

Chuck 

• Haha 4

Great find! But what I wanna know....did you use 'Large' mode to find that? Did you trial this mode much? If so, how much difference do you think it made on larger, deeper targets?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Great find! But what I wanna know....did you use 'Large' mode to find that? Did you trial this mode much? If so, how much difference do you think it made on larger, deeper targets?

The video shows he was in fine with tracking off, interesting line of questioning though, the manual recommends using fine unless under specific circumstances as it's the best overall performer.  It sounds like you would only use Large if the ground conditions and hot rocks dictated it's use but you'd lose sensitivity to smaller targets, overall though even if chasing big deep gold fine sounds the best.   Normal, Large and Salt are more a last resort in that order if you can't get away with using Fine.  They don't sound specifically better in any way on any target other than better ground handling.

FINE Mode
Provides the maximum possible detection on small,
low-conductivity targets (such as fine gold and
specimen gold) while also providing the best detection
of most medium and large targets. Because of its
increased sensitivity to small/fine targets, FINE Mode
can be more susceptible to ground minerals, hot rocks
or saltwater. FINE is typically the preferred mode for
most conditions.

LARGE Mode
Maintains strong detection of large targets while
reducing small and medium targets. Most important,
this mode reduces susceptibility to highly mineralized
ground and hot rocks.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The video shows he was in fine with tracking off

yeah thats only at the start, not while he's detecting. I cant see the screen details with my ancient eyes lol. The manual is one thing...practical use in-field is another. I'm hoping it has some serious depth and that later coil options will stretch it further....

• Like 1

Phrunt has it basically right. Large is not a super duper go deeper on larger stuff mode. Think longer pulse delay, reducing ground and rocks, with most loss on small gold, and minimal loss on large. By eliminating extraneous ground and hot rock signals one might perceive more apparent depth on large targets, but it’s not actually punching up the depth in absolute terms. Somewhat similar to GPZ High Yield vs General.

Garrett Axiom Quick Facts, Owner's Manual, Etc.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1