Hi everyone. I have technical Question about Gemini3. Does this detector work in cave (confined places)?

And is it possible to check objects embedded deep inside walls with Gemini3 (by holding horizontally facing to wall)?

Hi,

In case you don't have a copy, below is a link to the owners manual. I don't remember seeing any direct answer to your questions, but I haven't read the manual in awhile. It does say that the Gemini 3 is not suitable to search/trace faults (voids), but no mention of using in a cave, as I recall. I have used it for wall searches, but never found  anything, and no reaction/non-positive response from the machine, of course couldn't be considered a success. The size of the items/depth of search are described in the manual. Example:("quart jar of coins) at about 1 ft') It might work if the item is large enough, but might false on you as well. You could try posing the questions in an email to the factory. They did respond to an email I sent to them a few months ago.

Good luck!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwivnLSNnJr5AhV0IX0KHX9OBd0QFnoECAUQAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fisherlab.com%2Fhobby%2Fmanuals%2FGemini-3-07.24.14-Reader.pdf&usg=AOvVaw26qVCBwrw6om4YL7LiUjGr

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BMc said:

Hi,

In case you don't have a copy, below is a link to the owners manual. I don't remember seeing any direct answer to your questions, but I haven't read the manual in awhile. It does say that the Gemini 3 is not suitable to search/trace faults (voids), but no mention of using in a cave, as I recall. I have used it for wall searches, but never found  anything, and no reaction/non-positive response from the machine, of course couldn't be considered a success. The size of the items/depth of search are described in the manual. Example:("quart jar of coins) at about 1 ft') It might work if the item is large enough, but might false on you as well. You could try posing the questions in an email to the factory. They did respond to an email I sent to them a few months ago.

Good luck!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwivnLSNnJr5AhV0IX0KHX9OBd0QFnoECAUQAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fisherlab.com%2Fhobby%2Fmanuals%2FGemini-3-07.24.14-Reader.pdf&usg=AOvVaw26qVCBwrw6om4YL7LiUjGr

Thank you for your help 👋🏻🙂

• Like 1

For your purpose the Gemini has 2 major drawbacks. First, it's a classic TR design (not VLF-ground balancing) so it is more affected by soil mineralization. Second, it runs at 82kHz which is even more sensitive to mineralization. So it may have problems inside a cave. Probably a better choice (if you really want to use a 2-box style) is the TM808 which is a VLF-GB design running at 6.6kHz.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Geotech said:

For your purpose the Gemini has 2 major drawbacks. First, it's a classic TR design (not VLF-ground balancing) so it is more affected by soil mineralization. Second, it runs at 82kHz which is even more sensitive to mineralization. So it may have problems inside a cave. Probably a better choice (if you really want to use a 2-box style) is the TM808 which is a VLF-GB design running at 6.6kHz.

Yes, I think it's true. I'm from Turkey and here in middle-east there are many places which has huge treasures in. Most of them are archaeological graves or cave-like places. So for searching in these places I need a reliable detector. But most of them are expensive! Here in Turkey, Nokta detectors are cheaper than international stores. For example you can buy Deephunter for about 1500usd (by currency of Turkey). But I've heard Nokta's deepsearching detectors are not reliable. Even I've heard many people dug for nothing! Actually I don't know if it's true or not but I'm a little bit afraid to buy Nokta. Otherwise I would buy one.

2 hours ago, SFi said:

Yes, I think it's true. I'm from Turkey and here in middle-east there are many places which has huge treasures in. Most of them are archaeological graves or cave-like places. So for searching in these places I need a reliable detector. But most of them are expensive! Here in Turkey, Nokta detectors are cheaper than international stores. For example you can buy Deephunter for about 1500usd (by currency of Turkey). But I've heard Nokta's deepsearching detectors are not reliable. Even I've heard many people dug for nothing! Actually I don't know if it's true or not but I'm a little bit afraid to buy Nokta. Otherwise I would buy one.

I honestly doubt you have the right to do that. moreover I dare not imagine the penalty if you get caught

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 9:01 AM, Geotech said:

A good ground balancing PI might also be a good option. :wink:

• Like 2

Το genimi δεν προτείνεται για κυνήγι θησαυρού και γενικά κάθε μηχάνημα που δεν είναι ισορροπημένο δεν μπορεί να αντεπεξέλθει αξιόπιστα... όπως σου είπε ο Steve παραπάνω, ένα μηχάνημα παλμών με καλή ισορροπία εδάφους είναι ο μόνος τρόπος για να βρεις μέταλλο βαθιά και αξιόπιστα... προσωπικά έχω το gpx 5000 και του έχω βάλει ένα nf 25 mono coil και είμαι απόλυτα ευχαριστημένος....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kostas 13 said:

Το genimi δεν προτείνεται για κυνήγι θησαυρού και γενικά κάθε μηχάνημα που δεν είναι ισορροπημένο δεν μπορεί να αντεπεξέλθει αξιόπιστα... όπως σου είπε ο Steve παραπάνω, ένα μηχάνημα παλμών με καλή ισορροπία εδάφους είναι ο μόνος τρόπος για να βρεις μέταλλο βαθιά και αξιόπιστα... προσωπικά έχω το gpx 5000 και του έχω βάλει ένα nf 25 mono coil και είμαι απόλυτα ευχαριστημένος...

Thank you Steve, Thank you Kostas for your advice ☺️. GPX series of MineLab are expensive. I found some fields that I'm sure there are valuable things in it. Also we are sure most of them are bronze. One of the fields is a cave and objects are embedded deep inside the walls. So with these comments I'm going to change my mind about Gemini3 and think about Garrett ATX, OKM Pulse Nova or a used Vallon minehound 🤔

54 minutes ago, SFi said:

Ευχαριστώ Steve, ευχαριστώ Κώστα για τις συμβουλές σου ☺️ . Οι σειρές GPX του MineLab είναι ακριβές. Βρήκα μερικά χωράφια που είμαι σίγουρος ότι υπάρχουν πολύτιμα πράγματα σε αυτό. Επίσης είμαστε σίγουροι ότι τα περισσότερα από αυτά είναι χάλκινα. Ένα από τα χωράφια είναι μια σπηλιά και αντικείμενα είναι ενσωματωμένα βαθιά μέσα στους τοίχους. Έτσι, με αυτά τα σχόλια θα αλλάξω γνώμη για το Gemini3 και θα σκεφτώ τον Garrett ATX, το OKM Pulse Nova ή ένα μεταχειρισμένο Vallon minehound 🤔

okm doesn't have a reliable machine, I would suggest minelab & Garrett.... also Lorenz has great pulses that have big frames for a lot of ground coverage too but you won't find the balance of minelab & Garrett.

• Like 2