Garrett Axiom Pricing & Pics Of The Pretty (box) Packaging

6 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I've just been updated to the new Garrett Axiom pricing and what's in the box.  Please read below and if you are interested, contact me "Gerry's Detectors" to get on the list.

Garrett Axiom Quick Facts, Owner's Manual, Etc.

Axiom.JPG

Axiom1.jpg

20220520_181607.jpg

I must say, that sure looks like stuff we could have found at Moore Creek back in the day. You beat me on weight for sure, but I think my gold is prettier. :laugh:

Garrett Axiom Quick Facts, Owner's Manual, Etc.

gold-nuggets-found-with-garrett-axiom-herschbach-02.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Jeff, We have not been informed of any other package options for the US at this time.  I would hope Garrett has a + package with all coils or at least with options down the road.  At this time, I have been advised to not expect much change until the demand gets caught up.  Like the recent release of the other detector, it comes the way it does for now....and we are still waiting for coils.  Did you send me a message or an email to gerrys1det@gmail.com

I appreciate the support from forum members as you probably don't know it, but all the driving to 3 different states and multiple testing, burning up fuel, lodging, food...gets expensive.

Gerry,

I sent you an email. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Steve, I like the same package as you but would add the 11" mono later. I already have 2 sets of MS3s so I don't need another one or a 13" DD.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Gerry,

I sent you an email. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Steve, I like the same package as you but would add the 11" mono later. I already have 2 sets of MS3s so I don't need another one or a 13" DD.

Yeah, what I'd really want are both monos, and just fine with wired headphones, since I actually use the external speaker most of the time anyway, so I think I'd get the 13" mono with 11" DD and MS2 pack, then add the 11" mono, now that I've thought it over.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jasong said:

Thanks, definitely looking forward to trying one!

One more question, do you know what coil availability will look like? For instance can we buy a 3rd coil at release with the Axiom, or will extra coils be offered at a later date only? Curious about coil prices too, but I'm guessing that is still unknown.

Buddy,  Sure wish I had more answers but for now..all I know is what I shared.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I must say, that sure looks like stuff we could have found at Moore Creek back in the day. You beat me on weight for sure, but I think my gold is prettier. :laugh:

gold-nuggets-found-with-garrett-axiom-herschbach-02.jpg

Well Sir, you have a couple nice nuggets and a few dinks.😉

Actually... your gold will sell much faster than my quartz crusty specimens.  Well done Steve, you got.

I guess in Australia, we can expect a C. AU$6K price tag then...... I like how the packages include all the same range of items as the ML 6K did...except the addition of a nice carry case and AA battery carrier (common sense, C'mon Minelab pfft).

20 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m thinking nearer $7500……☹️

at todays exchange rate, US$4K is AU$5720. Depending on distribution markups, we should see something below AU$6.5K. But, greed often gets in the way of fairness....

I’m worried that the local markup won’t be linear with that of the USA……volume of sales in the US can allow for a smaller profit and spread over many more individual sales. I hope Garrett USA have had a quiet word with our local dealers. Having said that, if the Axiom performance is there then the Mastercard might be in for some abuse.

Axiom MSRP is USD $4700……Garrett Australia might use that as a starting point but I hope not.

Back in the day, we could buy any US detector direct from the US……so much for “Free Trade” 👍

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

Don't forget Australian dealers have to incorporate shipping from the US into the price too, that there is the problem.  The exchange rate is not too good either and the exchange rate you see isn't the rate you get when you transfer money, the more money you transfer the better you can negotiate a rate but even converting hundreds of thousands of dollars you can't even get the actual rate you see on the currency exchange.

149834024_usdchart.thumb.jpg.c496c295f3afa830eac1bec235f86890.jpg

I remember back in 2012 buying up a heap of USD when living in Australia as the Aussie dollar went above the USD in value, it had to be temporary to I starting buying as many USD as I could and sold them off a year or so later, shame I didn't hold onto them longer, sold way too soon.  If only it was still like that now, the Aussies would possibly pay less for the Axiom than the US owners 🙂