Garrett Axiom Pricing & Pics Of The Pretty (box) Packaging

Holy molly....reading all this makes me feel like selling all my detectors and starting over again lol. 

Strick 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 7/28/2022 at 9:57 AM, Swegin said:

Anyone know what the Military discount is?  15%?

For US? I think it’s 15%

• Like 1

I'm not reading everything on all the threads about this detector at this time so maybe these two questions have been answered.

1.  How long does it take to charge?

2. Most of the marketing 'hype' for other detectors has included the idea that you can go back to where gold has been found before and find missed gold with this/that new detector.  The new detector technology sees the porous gold better, goes deeper, sees smaller gold, etc.  I don't see this aspect yet of the marketing.  What I do see is that it handles problem grounds better and that gives you a better chance of finding gold that is still left.  Is there a 'quality of signal or settings' that will make this detector see gold that other detectors missed?

I think I like this as a beach PI although I don't like digging huge holes.  Those digs hurt my shoulders more than carrying a 5000, 3030 or 7000 around all day.

So Steve, I am a skeptic of Garretts gold machines being able to hit on gold as tiny as what Minelab's can hit on and as deep as Minelab's can reach the gold. Years ago I used to be a Garrett fan but their so called technology advancements have seemed to me at least to be little more than a shell make-over. I also have seen first hand the electronic components seem low end and cheap compared to Minelab, such as the wiring on the coils. Every Garrett I have owned started falsing and developing cracks in the coil wiring exposing the copper wires. Have they upgraded the electronic components on the Axiom? For roughly $4000 I certainly hope so. I had bought the Infinitum L/S many years ago and was pissed when I got it in the mail and it was visibly cheap. Every time you swung the coil the lower shaft would slop back and forth because they didn't seem to see the need for a twist lock knob between the lower and upper shaft. After that it started falsing constantly before a year was up. Then the atx came out and it was essentially the Infinium in a new shell. The cord coming out of the control box on the Axiom as far out as it does I think will eventually become a problem getting caught on all kinds of stuff and weakening the coil plug housing. Can it hit on gold as tiny as the 6000 or 7000 can and as deep 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gold seeker makes an interesting point on charging, manual says 8hr to charge off mains power. I suppose the other question being an internal battery - how long does it last (manual states - “batteries will last for many years”) and if you can’t replace the battery (without taking it back to Garret) then what’s the machines resale value? Run it on AAs 🤔

Goldseeker5000, I'm not Steve but from looking at your list of detectors and how well you are doing with them......why do you need an Axiom? Unless you have ground or EMI that the 6000 can't handle or you personally can't or no longer want to physically handle the GPX 5000 (that is my main issue with it) the Axiom would seem to me to be a lateral move for you.

Instead of bad mouthing and trashing Garrett, just stick with what you have.

I have never owned an Infinium, Sea Hunter or ATX. I did use an ATX for a few hours.......and swore to not do that again. It detected just fine but it wore me out.

I never had a problem with the Garrett AT series VLFs I owned and used. Excellent detectors. The recent Garrett Apex.........nothing but problems with the two I owned briefly. Others had very good experiences.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GR Guy said:

Gold seeker makes an interesting point on charging, manual says 8hr to charge off mains power. I suppose the other question being an internal battery - how long does it last (manual states - “batteries will last for many years”) and if you can’t replace the battery then what’s the machines resale value? Run it on AAs 🤔

The manual also clearly says the internal Li Ion battery can be replaced at any Garrett Service Center. I assume there is a repair center in Australia......

If the internal battery is completely discharged or permanently done, the auxiliary external battery pack using fully charged or fresh batteries will last 6 to 8 hours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The manual also clearly says the internal Li Ion battery can be replaced at any Garrett Service Center. I assume there is a repair center in Australia......

If the internal battery is completely discharged or permanently done, the auxiliary external battery pack using fully charged or fresh batteries will last 6 to 8 hours.

I did see and update that in my post Jeff. It’s still a limitation compared to other latest battery setups in gold machines.

• Like 1