Garrett Axiom Pricing & Pics Of The Pretty (box) Packaging

1 hour ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Getting the gold of all sizes is the bottom line! The one that gets the gold gets my money. 

They all get gold….of all sizes 🤔

I am very interested to learn more about Garretts technology to completely balance out hot rocks including magnetite. If history is a lesson this would automatically also mean severly reduced sensitivity to small gold in close vicinity. At least this is true for all ML detectors I have ever owned. But who knows, perhaps Bruce Candy finally found his match. 😁

GC

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

take it or leave it

I’ll take it……..might be cheaper to pay Gerry a visit 👍

95A905F0-5004-45C0-8B5A-360F33CC19E5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swegin said:

As Jason stated yes and a few would surprise the hell out of you.  Its a method that I use for buying cars and it so happens to work on other products.  I will never name them and there are more than a few forum members that know this also.

Sounds like that Drop Shipper Jason mentioned would not be a wise choice of a so called dealer when you know there is no Customer Support.  But hey, it's your dollar and you get to choose who to spend it with.  Just realize that Drop Ship WY place he mentioned probably won't be around long.

I know of so called dealers who practically give some detectors away..just to piss others off.  No worries, I believe what goes around comes around.  As for the few forum members who know this also.  You are correct.  One difference my friend, most know how to keep a good thing quiet and don't post it on the #1 forum in the US.  Just trying to help you think ahead in the future of other detectors down the road.  

I do understand though, the dollar is a hard thing to let go of.

53 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I am very interested to learn more about Garretts technology to completely balance out hot rocks including magnetite. If history is a lesson this would automatically also mean severly reduced sensitivity to small gold in close vicinity. At least this is true for all ML detectors I have ever owned. But who knows, perhaps Bruce Candy finally found his match. 😁

GC

Ground balance is not magic, it’s filtering. The more you filter, the more you trade off. If the rocks are tolerable with the Axiom I will probably choose to not balance them out, and just dig, or simply kick them if on surface, or sort them by ear. I don’t think excessive balancing just to get rid of a rock or two is worth any loss of sensitivity. But if I’m hitting that same rock every swing or two, then it’s getting prohibitive to deal with, and so I’ll possibly choose to balance them out. It’s my option, balance to ground, or balance to ground and hot rock, or somewhere in between. It’s all in how you manipulate the ground balance procedure, by pumping on this, or that, or both, and by how much. As a rule with any detecting I do, I use as little filtering as possible, be it ground balance, tracking, reactivity/sweep speed auto tune, you name it. The Axiom gives you access to most of this, without going overboard with too many settings. Though that’s always a matter of opinion of course, just how many settings a person needs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I wasn't trying to be challenging but trying to get an idea of the best strength of the detector.  You obviously have found some very good nuggets with it.  I would say that it may 'excel' at that type of gold.  Obviously, it has been stated that ground and hot rocks are reduced in significance.  That is probably enough for any detector release, but I was also interested in its 'gold type' strengths.  It helps determine where it can be used.

The nuggets that Steve found could be a challenge to some detectors also.  They were not invisible to the Axiom.

When Chris puts up his videos and shows his nuggets, I imagine it will show nuggets missed by other detectors also.

You trained me on the reality that PIs will miss certain types of nuggets.  That was the purpose of my question. 

Even though it handles the beaches well, I don't think you are going to be using it at the resorts much where you dive.  That is ok because no detector can do everything.

I found an answer to my question(s):

Good morning,

I'm going to let some things cool down as I head to the heat with Axoim in hand.  My new software update just might and a different coil option just might squeak out another piece or 2.  Who know, I might end up really high in some ore dump piles or down low with the rattlers/badgers/skunks (not some of the greedy gold getters), the wildlife.

Anyway, wish me luck and I'll try to catch a mountaintop or 2 for a signal.

Again folks, the Axiom is another option for us and features some of the current machines can't match.  Just owning one is not going to get you the gold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1