Garrett Axiom Pricing & Pics Of The Pretty (box) Packaging

Unfortunately that is what I was expecting, that's more than I paid for my faulty GPX 6000.  I was hoping the price might be a  bit better in Australia/NZ so it has a chance to succeed.

Yes, very unfortunate. Just like the 24K being almost double in Australia than the U.S., completely ruining the price/value “bang for the buck” proposition. It will undoubtably hold back sales in Australia, and in my opinion that’s a genuine shame.

• Like 4

I am totally gutted, dismayed and disappointed.

Garrett Australia are clueless and the Minelab brigade will be having a good laugh.

To my friends in the USA……enjoy the success that the Axiom will deliver for you.

It’s actually cheaper for me to fly there and pick one up. 
I wonder if Gerry does military discounts for Aussies🤔

Well excuse me while I change my Avatar and rant some more offline.

……signing off Axiomless ☹️

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Tony said:

I am totally gutted, dismayed and disappointed.

Garrett Australia are clueless and the Minelab brigade will be having a good laugh.

To my friends in the USA……enjoy the success that the Axiom will deliver for you.

It’s actually cheaper for me to fly there and pick one up. 
I wonder if Gerry does military discounts for Aussies🤔

Well excuse me while I change my Avatar and rant some more offline.

……signing off Axiomless ☹️

I feel your pain my friend.  Some of the tents, campers, vehicles I drove and or stayed in while in Australia and England, were eye openers to me and I wanted to get them so bad.  The cost to get one to US was just outrageous and pissed me off.  Why things have to be this way is not understood by me.

If I was Garrett and in charge, I'd make sure the price point was good enough that all Aussies, NZ'ers and others was fighting to get their hands on it.  The Garrett Ace series were a prime example of Bang for buck and so many people purchased one because of price point.  Then when the masses had them, everyone else decided to jump on the bandwagon.  Garrett went to the bank on those and even the next step up the AT series for a while.

If you do come over, I'll be able to sell you one.  If not, then we'll have to wait until I come across a used one.  As for the VET discount?  I'll work with you my friend as you earned it.

• Thanks 1

You’re a good bunch of guys and gals that’s for sure.👍

I just have to question if Garrett Australia really want to sell these units down here. I know it’s a small market in Australia but give yourself a fighting chance.

Anyhow, I want to finish my post on a positive note and acknowledge that Garrett looks to have delivered a very capable machine and I want to see some nice nuggets as you all get your hands on the Axiom.……and yes, the Octopus is back.

• Like 1

in greece where i live a gpx 5000 costs 4000 euro and the average salary of a worker is 600 euro 💶 i would like to know what is the average salary in australia of a worker to understand if the garrett price is really high so that it is difficult to absorb in Buy.

• Like 1

As far as Minelab coil compatibility, there has been zero intent that I am aware of to provide such a thing, and zero reason to expect it. Maybe ATX coils could be made to work, but even that I'd sure not count on at all. Maybe some modding wizards out there will pull something off, who knows. Me, I consider the coils we have to be it, until Garrett or the aftermarket makes more, which I do fully expect. Any third party people want me to test any, give me a yell! :smile:

• Like 4

Lots of sad faces this morning, especially in Australia. How can the machine be double the price? Can't be the exchange rate, though that's a lot, would add maybe 30%, so about $5750 based on that alone. Can't be shipping, high as it may be, it could not account for thousands of dollars. maybe AUS$5999 once you factor shipping, if that. Are there some crazy high import duties and taxes? What are they, and how much are they?

• Like 2

A little thing called GST (goods and services tax) if you can get Garrett Australia to come down from their ivory towers then maybe they can give a breakdown of the leftovers ! We're screwed!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Deepseeker said:

Well ,being a long time Garrett user, swinging garrett deepseekers in the goldfields in the 80's when there was absolutely no one around , and remaining loyal to Garret all these years but lately thats been tested with the advent of minelabs new machines , now i have been saved by the Axiom and just in time 😌   I definitely want one ,but i think i may wait for the dust to settle first before i go on a fire sale!  Question to Steve Herschbach , will there be any more refinements made to the Axiom before release depending on how your field tests go ? or is what you have in your hands the final version ? Also i hope it works as well as the Apex for the beach salt water environment! fwiw

Yeah, but like I said, without me getting out my calculator, can somebody who knows this stuff lay out in real terms how much the import taxes and duties would add to the price? I laid out a fairly good case for exchange rate and shipping leading to AUS$5999, and am curious how much of the extra $1300 can reasonably be attributed to duties and tax. This is not a situation requiring opinions, but a calculator, and facts.

• Thanks 1