Garrett Axiom Pricing & Pics Of The Pretty (box) Packaging

So for anyone wondering the price of Garrett’s new detector in Australia: As posted on Facebook by The Prospector’s Patch.

With a price like that I think they’ll be fighting an uphill battle here…

4FAFBB8E-76ED-4005-878A-4CB8EAC2F235.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5
  • Oh my! 1

5 minutes ago, Sheppo said:

So for anyone wondering the price of Garrett’s new detector in Australia: As posted on Facebook by The Prospector’s Patch.

With a price like that I think they’ll be fighting an uphill battle here…

4FAFBB8E-76ED-4005-878A-4CB8EAC2F235.jpeg

OUCH..... thanks for sharing that....

Unfortunately that is what I was expecting, that's more than I paid for my faulty GPX 6000.  I was hoping the price might be a  bit better in Australia/NZ so it has a chance to succeed.

Yes, very unfortunate. Just like the 24K being almost double in Australia than the U.S., completely ruining the price/value “bang for the buck” proposition. It will undoubtably hold back sales in Australia, and in my opinion that’s a genuine shame.

• Like 4

More for us, more for us... ..... in all seriousness I can't imagine there won't be a grey/used market available... come on over for a visit, spend some time on the AZ gold fields with us, pick one up use it here (scratch up that skid plate), and take it home with you....  People back home in BC use to do that on tires for their trucks, drive south to Bellingham, put on new tires, drive around a bit, nothing to declare at the border on the way home.. LOL they're obviously not new.... I see a business opportunity here... LOL

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, phrunt said:

so it has a chance to succeed.

... with all due respect, with threads reaching 30 plus pages on here... I'm not sure how much effect being over priced in Aus will have on it's ability to "succeed". 👅

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am not using a “final version” and it is not likely the first buyers will also. The Axiom is updateable over the internet, and every detector released with such a capability has seen one or more updates after being released.

Hi Steve, let me rephrase his question a bit.... do you think (please of course respect any NDA) that you're using the final version "hardware wise"... that's more important to me, software updates can only do so much as we all know. If it's at final RTM (release to manufacture) for hardware then we're all good to go, but if something could change that a software update would not be able to add/update, I'm holding off.. like maybe GPX coil compatibility that may require a plug rewire/shaft mount compatibility change.

Jen

49 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

... with all due respect, with threads reaching 30 plus pages on here... I'm not sure how much effect being over priced in Aus will have on it's ability to "succeed". 👅

No, where it will be a proven performer will be in a market like Africa, and the way their ‘competition’ sells there, I don’t hold hope for them. 

50 minutes ago, Sheppo said:

No, where it will be a proven performer will be in a market like Africa, and the way their ‘competition’ sells there, I don’t hold hope for them. 

What are you saying no to, I didn't state it would only be a proven performer in the USA. 👅 I simply stated that Aus's price being high may not be a material issue to it's success.

I'm just playin with ya, I know what you meant.... it's a GREAT time to be a detectorist... WOOO HOOOOO GARRETT I LOVE YOU (again).

Jen

I am totally gutted, dismayed and disappointed.

Garrett Australia are clueless and the Minelab brigade will be having a good laugh.

To my friends in the USA……enjoy the success that the Axiom will deliver for you.

It’s actually cheaper for me to fly there and pick one up. 
I wonder if Gerry does military discounts for Aussies🤔

Well excuse me while I change my Avatar and rant some more offline.

……signing off Axiomless ☹️

• Sad 2