Garrett Axiom Pricing & Pics Of The Pretty (box) Packaging

That is one thing I will definitely miss about the GPX 6000. Easy to remove and replace the battery if necessary. 

7 hours ago, Swegin said:

Thank you.   With a little effort you can find a dealer who will sell less than the MAP price after the frenzy cools off.

Wow... Are they really even dealers then just doing Drop Ships.  How does that help the few of us dealers who take the time to test, compare, share knowledge on detecting sites and promote the hobby?  As an active supporting dealer, just asking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

So Steve, I am a skeptic of Garretts gold machines being able to hit on gold as tiny as what Minelab's can hit on and as deep as Minelab's can reach the gold. Years ago I used to be a Garrett fan but their so called technology advancements have seemed to me at least to be little more than a shell make-over. I also have seen first hand the electronic components seem low end and cheap compared to Minelab, such as the wiring on the coils. Every Garrett I have owned started falsing and developing cracks in the coil wiring exposing the copper wires. Have they upgraded the electronic components on the Axiom? For roughly $4000 I certainly hope so. I had bought the Infinitum L/S many years ago and was pissed when I got it in the mail and it was visibly cheap. Every time you swung the coil the lower shaft would slop back and forth because they didn't seem to see the need for a twist lock knob between the lower and upper shaft. After that it started falsing constantly before a year was up. Then the atx came out and it was essentially the Infinium in a new shell. The cord coming out of the control box on the Axiom as far out as it does I think will eventually become a problem getting caught on all kinds of stuff and weakening the coil plug housing. Can it hit on gold as tiny as the 6000 or 7000 can and as deep 

I feel you are being somewhat unfair to Garrett. They are not making any claims or assertions regarding detectability of any size of gold at any depth relative to Minelab units. I also think that any “history” of Garrett detectors having build or design issues have no bearing on what they are offering today. 
The Axiom doesn’t need to compete with any Minelab detector and Garrett probably know that……it looks to be in a class of its own and doesn’t need to be “more powerful” than rival units. 
Sit back and let the Axiom stand up for itself…..things look very good so far 👍

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Swegin said:

Once you know the dealer cost it's easy.  Just a few emails. 

I won't provide mine.  It's a slap in the face to my long time loyal customers who understand quality dealers who go/do above and beyond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I'm not reading everything on all the threads about this detector at this time so maybe these two questions have been answered.

1.  How long does it take to charge?

2. Most of the marketing 'hype' for other detectors has included the idea that you can go back to where gold has been found before and find missed gold with this/that new detector.  The new detector technology sees the porous gold better, goes deeper, sees smaller gold, etc.  I don't see this aspect yet of the marketing.  What I do see is that it handles problem grounds better and that gives you a better chance of finding gold that is still left.  Is there a 'quality of signal or settings' that will make this detector see gold that other detectors missed?

I think I like this as a beach PI although I don't like digging huge holes.  Those digs hurt my shoulders more than carrying a 5000, 3030 or 7000 around all day.

The well known company markets their new models totally different.  1st off (and I have no issues with your asking) when the ATX came out and started to replace the Infinium, they didn't say "30% more depth", didn't say "sees all gold".  Those advertising styles on the box has caused a few issues with some customers and total 100% refund.

Sometimes the product just looks like it can do better.  I totally get your point though and I agree/disagree.

It is something to think about though the way different manufactures advertise.  Interesting point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Can it hit on gold as tiny as the 6000 or 7000 can and as deep 

You know he's not even going to touch that...

This coming from a guy who swore to depth you were never getting a GPX-6000 and then when you did it was a bad one.

Man I just have to laugh sometimes at (not you...but some of the posts).  Heck I've yet to finish my 2nd Jack & Coke and I'm going to get into trouble.  I better get off now.

I do agree with some of your posts though...You also know I answer the phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Wow... Are they really even dealers then just doing Drop Ships.  How does that help the few of us dealers who take the time to test, compare, share knowledge on detecting sites and promote the hobby?  As an active supporting dealer, just asking.

You'd be surprised how many "dealers" there are. Being unfamiliar with Garrett and wanting to see an Axiom in person, I checked for Wyoming dealers with no expectation of finding one. Imagine my surprise when I find what appears to be a major internet detector dealer based only a few miles from me! How could I never have heard of them?

I called, they had European accents. I kept saying it was amazing they were based here and I'd love to meet them in person, that I thought I was one of the only detectorists in 100 miles or more and was happy to see a dealer based here. They kept changing the subject though.

Finally got them to admit they have no real presence here. They said they only drop ship from Nevada and Texas. Sounds like they are actually from Europe. 

I won't mention their name, but I'm sure you can figure it out if you are curious. They sell Minelab too.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 3

59 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

As Jason stated yes and a few would surprise the hell out of you.  Its a method that I use for buying cars and it so happens to work on other products.  I will never name them and there are more than a few forum members that know this also.

Getting the gold of all sizes is the bottom line! The one that gets the gold gets my money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

The well known company markets their new models totally different.  1st off (and I have no issues with your asking) when the ATX came out and started to replace the Infinium, they didn't say "30% more depth", didn't say "sees all gold".  Those advertising styles on the box has caused a few issues with some customers and total 100% refund.

Sometimes the product just looks like it can do better.  I totally get your point though and I agree/disagree.

It is something to think about though the way different manufactures advertise.  Interesting point.

I wasn't trying to be challenging but trying to get an idea of the best strength of the detector.  You obviously have found some very good nuggets with it.  I would say that it may 'excel' at that type of gold.  Obviously, it has been stated that ground and hot rocks are reduced in significance.  That is probably enough for any detector release, but I was also interested in its 'gold type' strengths.  It helps determine where it can be used.

The nuggets that Steve found could be a challenge to some detectors also.  They were not invisible to the Axiom.

When Chris puts up his videos and shows his nuggets, I imagine it will show nuggets missed by other detectors also.

You trained me on the reality that PIs will miss certain types of nuggets.  That was the purpose of my question. 

Even though it handles the beaches well, I don't think you are going to be using it at the resorts much where you dive.  That is ok because no detector can do everything.

• Like 1