Garrett Axiom Pricing & Pics Of The Pretty (box) Packaging

59 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Wow... Are they really even dealers then just doing Drop Ships.  How does that help the few of us dealers who take the time to test, compare, share knowledge on detecting sites and promote the hobby?  As an active supporting dealer, just asking.

As Jason stated yes and a few would surprise the hell out of you.  Its a method that I use for buying cars and it so happens to work on other products.  I will never name them and there are more than a few forum members that know this also.

Getting the gold of all sizes is the bottom line! The one that gets the gold gets my money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

The well known company markets their new models totally different.  1st off (and I have no issues with your asking) when the ATX came out and started to replace the Infinium, they didn't say "30% more depth", didn't say "sees all gold".  Those advertising styles on the box has caused a few issues with some customers and total 100% refund.

Sometimes the product just looks like it can do better.  I totally get your point though and I agree/disagree.

It is something to think about though the way different manufactures advertise.  Interesting point.

I wasn't trying to be challenging but trying to get an idea of the best strength of the detector.  You obviously have found some very good nuggets with it.  I would say that it may 'excel' at that type of gold.  Obviously, it has been stated that ground and hot rocks are reduced in significance.  That is probably enough for any detector release, but I was also interested in its 'gold type' strengths.  It helps determine where it can be used.

The nuggets that Steve found could be a challenge to some detectors also.  They were not invisible to the Axiom.

When Chris puts up his videos and shows his nuggets, I imagine it will show nuggets missed by other detectors also.

You trained me on the reality that PIs will miss certain types of nuggets.  That was the purpose of my question. 

Even though it handles the beaches well, I don't think you are going to be using it at the resorts much where you dive.  That is ok because no detector can do everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Getting the gold of all sizes is the bottom line! The one that gets the gold gets my money. 

They all get gold….of all sizes 🤔

Just now, deathray said:

Hey Steve...how does it compare to a GP Extreme? Should I buy one? 🤣 

Someone’s seeking his own handle apparently lol 

I am very interested to learn more about Garretts technology to completely balance out hot rocks including magnetite. If history is a lesson this would automatically also mean severly reduced sensitivity to small gold in close vicinity. At least this is true for all ML detectors I have ever owned. But who knows, perhaps Bruce Candy finally found his match. 😁

GC

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

take it or leave it

I’ll take it……..might be cheaper to pay Gerry a visit 👍

95A905F0-5004-45C0-8B5A-360F33CC19E5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I’ll take it……..might be cheaper to pay Gerry a visit 👍

95A905F0-5004-45C0-8B5A-360F33CC19E5.png

Well if you're coming over, bring me a couple bottles of Bundy, I use to import it from Whiskey Warehouse in London and they stopped selling it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1