Youtube Detectorists Vids - Your Fav Detecting Channels

Over the years I've watched 100s of metal detecting videos. Always searching to learn something from other detectorists. I know I'm missing so other channels to subscribe to. Comment below your Favorites.  And what things you liked or learned from them. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Youtube Detectorists Vids - Your Fav Detecting Channels

21 minutes ago, Sourdough Scott said:

I really like watching Two toes. Great guy, love how patient he is in a spot that he thinks has gold. https://youtube.com/c/TwoToes

Gary is great. I can't watch most detecting shows...err..vids. I like honesty, and most guys just act. But, I do love my buddy Ron's vids... California Relic Adventures. What you see of Ron and Mark, is exactly how they are. And Ron made his vids short, too the point, and never cared if he got 1 view, or a million.

• Like 3

None, I prospect so much that I watch literally anything except gold prospecting on Youtube. :laugh: 

Youtube surpassed TV for quality content years ago IMO, it just takes a lot of separating wheat from chaff. I'm not really too familiar with who makes detecting vids these days though.

I learned a lot about smelting, crude assaying, and processing lode from MBMMLLC though. And I thought Dan Hurd had some interesting and educational vids on general prospecting occasionally when he'd cover oddball things like the pyrophoric iron prospect. Haven't watched anything prospecting related for a few years though.

• Like 3

The best gold detecting videos (personal opinion of course), are JP's videos that he produced himself,

and that included music, editing, narration and distribution. They were put out

on DVD's and anyone who wants to understand a Minelab detector will benefit

from almost any of his productions. A ton of his hard work and we benefit.

The other videos that absolute captivate me are by the Goldhounds. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCanm0gYhAZNL6-wNKkSXx8Q

While there is a ton of detecting knowledge being shared, it is the

amazing personalities of that group that makes their YouTube videos

so highly entertaining. They had to stop shooting them because I think

N. Queensland became overrun with people trying to find out where

they worked. Even with their videos being 6 and 7 years old,

they are worth a look. Like JP in his realm, these guys know their stuff

and are funny as hell.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

They had to stop shooting them because I think

N. Queensland became overrun with people trying to find out where

they worked.

Same thing happened to me when I made vids. A few people went to extreme lengths. And when they found my spots they raided them in the dead heat of the summer when no one was around and took an excavator in to some places, in others it looks like they had a team of 4 or 5 people judging by boot prints and they placered down entire banks and washes they recognized straight from my videos. Like literally, those exact spots and no where else.

It's not possible to make real prospecting vids if you show good finds unless you literally do nothing but show the hole. No identifying features, no nice cinematography. Nothing. Just a hole in the ground. People can, do, and will track you down if you get enough exposure. I literally had people find me in person and say they considered it a challenge to locate me, like I should be impressed or something.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 2

Vids on gold detecting in OZ have increased the ill feeling property owners have towards detector operators due to the sudden portrayal of their land and the immediate trespass that occurs to the extent the main property I prospect on has helicopter surveillance, with only a very few of us being allowed on with strict rules. Although i am a detector user I am also a property owner I shiver every time I see vids portraying FNQ where i prospect because I know it will bring the undesirables and more property lockdowns. 

Tis a shame for those who do the right thing but it is a hard fact of life.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

Vids on gold detecting in OZ have increased the ill feeling property owners have towards detector operators due to the sudden portrayal of their land and the immediate trespass that occurs to the extent the main property I prospect on has helicopter surveillance, with only a very few of us being allowed on with strict rules. Although i am a detector user I am also a property owner I shiver every time I see vids portraying FNQ where i prospect because I know it will bring the undesirables and more property lockdowns. 

Tis a shame for those who do the right thing but it is a hard fact of life.

Same thing happens here man. It's kind of ironic...I'm actually in a fair amount of relic videos, but only because some of the guys like Ron n Mark, like making them. But...I've always said to them and another friend, nothing good can ever come from posting vids...except attaboys and recognition.  What does happen, is jealousy, people trespassing, and property owners saying no.

• Like 4