Youtube Detectorists Vids - Your Fav Detecting Channels

Don't watch too many anymore but probably watch Bill Southern vids more than any other.  The guy that I really miss that made the funniest vids was General Hercules.  Think he may have got booted off youtube...damn, he was funny!!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

All of them are helpful in some ways. I don't have a fav at this time. What I have done is ignored youtubers who have 8 inches of sponsorship links, sell junk, have patreon or whatever that middleman service is with scrolling screens about sponsor me with big fat thumbs up icons either full time or every other minute, including stopping and giving a commercial 3 minutes in. If I want to watch 3 minute commercial's I don't need youtube to do it. I get that people like to make money and stuff and monetize their channels, and more power to them but that's why youtube does it, because youtube gets the majority share of income.

I try to watch those, but it gets to be too much for me. Everybody else's mileage will differ. I wish these people well, I'm positive little ol me not sponsoring them isn't going to break their channel.

• Like 1

🤔 How come nobody mentioned Jeff Williams? 

Yeah, a bit 🤪 , but he does explain geology very well.

• Like 1

Used to watch Ron and Marks vids...now that they have separated lol I watch what mark posts as he is more active...Ron posts once in a great while and is finding some cool stuff back east. I do watch the Gigmaister a lot... his vids are genuine...he hunts very active beaches...Chris Ralph has some educational stuff going on...when I get bored of metal detecting vids I like to watch videos of lions killing hyenas... just sayin 🙂

strick 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, strick said:

Used to watch Ron and Marks vids...now that they have separated lol I watch what mark posts as he is more active...Ron posts once in a great while and is finding some cool stuff back east. I do watch the Gigmaister a lot... his vids are genuine...he hunts very active beaches...Chris Ralph has some educational stuff going on...when I get bored of metal detecting vids I like watch lions kill hyenas... just sayin 🙂

strick 

Yeah, Ron needs to dust off the Deus. Guess its been hard to get permission back there.

Not exactly a favourite (that's Goldhounds by a mile) but more of a 'love to hate' Youtube channel is Metal Detecting with PJ.. He's as mesmerizing as a snake.. If you're easily offended or politically correct or not an Australian yobbo you'll cringe at his take on metal detecting.. To his credit he does find some good stuff and his videos do feature some very weird and wild metal detecting enthusiasts.. Here's one of his least offensive creations.. 

Screenshot 2022-07-30 151737.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I really like Bill Southern.

I like his attitude, he has good knowledge and approach to prospecting. He's a good detector operator too.

I'd host him as a guest prospecting with me.

• Like 6