Youtube Detectorists Vids - Your Fav Detecting Channels

7 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Not exactly a favourite (that's Goldhounds by a mile) but more of a 'love to hate' Youtube channel is Metal Detecting with PJ.. He's as mesmerizing as a snake.. If you're easily offended or politically correct or not an Australian yobbo you'll cringe at his take on metal detecting.. To his credit he does find some good stuff and his videos do feature some very weird and wild metal detecting enthusiasts.. Here's one of his least offensive creations.. 

Screenshot 2022-07-30 151737.jpg

Dude...I just watched it, frigging hilarious. Thanks for posting it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Not exactly a favourite (that's Goldhounds by a mile) but more of a 'love to hate' Youtube channel is Metal Detecting with PJ.. He's as mesmerizing as a snake.. If you're easily offended or politically correct or not an Australian yobbo you'll cringe at his take on metal detecting.. To his credit he does find some good stuff and his videos do feature some very weird and wild metal detecting enthusiasts.. Here's one of his least offensive creations.. 

Screenshot 2022-07-30 151737.jpg

They all seem like very nice Lads to me.I'd be willing to wager that they all get together with their families after hours for ice cream socials and bible studies.😁 

• Haha 5

Oh, that was your binoculars I saw glinting in the sun in the distance?

Seriously though, I'm positive someone put a tracker on my truck and/or ATV at the RV park. It's why I stopped staying there. A group of people somehow knew the specific and exact areas I was working, like a heat seeking missile, without wasting time on all the unproductive areas in between. Their tracks literally just went directly to my patches I was working that year, even though I went out of my way to take different routes in, leave very little traces, etc.

I would highly recommend anyone making videos in the US not show any appreciable gold. I literally had people message me telling me they tracked me down to here, here, and here. Like it was some kind of challenge, and I should be impressed they stalked me. It's a bit scary.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:06 PM, flakmagnet said:

The best gold detecting videos (personal opinion of course), are JP's videos that he produced himself,

and that included music, editing, narration and distribution. They were put out

on DVD's and anyone who wants to understand a Minelab detector will benefit

from almost any of his productions. A ton of his hard work and we benefit.

The other videos that absolute captivate me are by the Goldhounds. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCanm0gYhAZNL6-wNKkSXx8Q

While there is a ton of detecting knowledge being shared, it is the

amazing personalities of that group that makes their YouTube videos

so highly entertaining. They had to stop shooting them because I think

N. Queensland became overrun with people trying to find out where

they worked. Even with their videos being 6 and 7 years old,

they are worth a look. Like JP in his realm, these guys know their stuff

and are funny as hell.

They stopped due to an incident involving firearms and someone being seriously injured. I know more to the story but this isn’t the place to broadcast that knowledge. 

I also enjoy Krissy’s videos from Outback Gold Fever. While alot of her videos may not impart much knowledge, it’s great to see some of the areas she works in and gives a glimpse of what I hope to see myself in the near future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheppo said:

They stopped due to an incident involving firearms and someone being seriously injured. I know more to the story but this isn’t the place to broadcast that knowledge. 

I also enjoy Krissy’s videos from Outback Gold Fever. While alot of her videos may not impart much knowledge, it’s great to see some of the areas she works in and gives a glimpse of what I hope to see myself in the near future.

I can see Krissys videos going viral in a couple weeks when the Outback Kraut has the Outback Yank in for a cameo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Sheppo said:

That is total BS Sheppo, all of our videos were filmed and posted on YouTube after Bruce's murder it had nothing to do with it, and we have never had any other "incidents" as you say. Despite what people say we had written permission and lawful access rights for everywhere we prospected and filmed.

We stopped posting videos because of the same problems that Jaysong has/had. The lengths people will go to to follow you are extraordinary! If they spent that much time looking for gold they might find something! I have a 3 terrabite hard drive full of video that no one will ever see due to the negative impact it inflicted on me.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

9 hours ago, Trent King said:

I can see Krissys videos going viral in a couple weeks when the Outback Kraut has the Outback Yank in for a cameo!

You mean the Frisky Fraulein and the trench footed yank... have you seen those feet Trent?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2