Youtube Detectorists Vids - Your Fav Detecting Channels

3 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

That is total BS Sheppo, all of our videos were filmed and posted on YouTube after Bruce's murder it had nothing to do with it, and we have never had any other "incidents" as you say. Despite what people say we had written permission and lawful access rights for everywhere we prospected and filmed.

We stopped posting videos because of the same problems that Jaysong has/had. The lengths people will go to to follow you are extraordinary! If they spent that much time looking for gold they might find something! I have a 3 terrabite hard drive full of video that no one will ever see due to the negative impact it inflicted on me.

Hey brother, never seen your vids until this thread started, now I watched them all this weekend. Fantastic vids, and the lifestyle I'm envious of man. I hear ya on.people doing wierd crap. My friends that did the vids here in Cali, went through it too, after they posted a video of a 4 ouncer found. My buddy Ron, tried to throw people off the track by doing things like adding a train sound in the background of one, taking different vehicles, etc. People get nuts man. 

4 minutes ago, deathray said:

Hey brother, never seen your vids until this thread started, now I watched them all this weekend. Fantastic vids, and the lifestyle I'm envious of man. I hear ya on.people doing wierd crap. My friends that did the vids here in Cali, went through it too, after they posted a video of a 4 ouncer found. My buddy Ron, tried to throw people off the track by doing things like adding a train sound in the background of one, taking different vehicles, etc. People get nuts man. 

You don't have to make a video to have that problem. If you want to show your finds only do it when you are going home at the end of prospecting and only if no one saw you at the location.

• Like 1

Just now, geof_junk said:

You don't have to make a video to have that problem. If you want to show your finds only do it when you are going home at the end of prospecting and only if no one saw you at the location.

Yep. You haven't seen me post in years, correct? Same goes for relics. Sucks people let the fever take over them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

That is total BS Sheppo, all of our videos were filmed and posted on YouTube after Bruce's murder it had nothing to do with it, and we have never had any other "incidents" as you say. Despite what people say we had written permission and lawful access rights for everywhere we prospected and filmed.

We stopped posting videos because of the same problems that Jaysong has/had. The lengths people will go to to follow you are extraordinary! If they spent that much time looking for gold they might find something! I have a 3 terrabite hard drive full of video that no one will ever see due to the negative impact it inflicted on me.

I know what happened, I didn’t want to say to much more as it’s not my place to say, and thankyou for setting me straight. I certainly wasn’t incinuating you were outside your bounds either. I apologise if you take it any other way.

I actually had no idea you fellas were on here. I’ve watched the videos you have on the channel and thoroughly enjoyed them. Would love to see more, but fair enough for not posting them. People are grubs.

You are quite welcome to PM me if you feel the need to.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

You mean the Frisky Fraulein and the trench footed yank... have you seen those feet Trent?

They look even worse since he tried to give himself gangrene.  The state government banned him from taking off his boots on entry, worried about scaring the woman and children.

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

14 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

We stopped posting videos because of the same problems that Jaysong has/had.

Firstly, thank you for clearing up that whacky rumor. With so much ill-considered information and comments being tossed out in media these days, it is nice to have that one put to bed.
Not a slam on you Sheppo just to be clear - with so much rumor flying around it's easy make a mistake like that. I took a lesson from your post for myself.

People trying to find and take advantage of other peoples discoveries has been rampant as long as people have been looking for gold, but these days, with so much information available to people who are intent on horning in on someone else's hard work, it's no wonder so many helpful, informative, and well-intended prospectors - like Gold Hound, JP and Jasong - no longer share their singular and expert work with us.
It's our loss but I don't blame them. 

• Like 3

Years ago (before all the YouTube stars) Minelab and I had a contract for videos.  Then new management came in and that was cut.  Since I do a variety of metal detecting, my videos were of all kinds.

The last few years I pretty much stepped away from doing/watching them.  On a rare occasion and a killer once in a lifetime find, I'll do a video from the phone.  Quit carrying the high end Go Pro years back.  Here is a unique find that I'll probably never see anything like again:

Now when something cool gets found, I freak out as I know how hard it is to make such crazy (sometimes once in a lifetime) finds.

As other have stated for same reasons, I cut back on doing videos.  On a rare occasion I'll work with someone to put something out, if I feel it's justified.

The other aspect is the ignorant folks and their stupid comments..."That's not real" when in fact most of them don't know what natural gold looks like and the many formations it can take.

This video here ended up being a classic as it's one of the enjoyments of life:

Sometimes the educational videos are interesting and here is one I did that many people never realized could be done with the X-Terra detector:

As a dealer I'm expected to promote the hobby and share/show excitement and fun finds.  As a detectorist I feel some videos I did in times past gave away to much info on sites.  Each of us has our own ideas of a right and wrong video for different reasons.  Kind of like why I own so many different detectors I guess.

It was fun doing them, but I'm kind of over the YouTube thing trying to be professional.  If I do more, it will be with a phone and to show what a manufacture asks of me.

Jack Lange did some great videos back in the 90's and then he kind of blew away and JP took his place.  We all eventually move on...as life is.

• Like 6