Jump to content

Axiom Instructional Video Training Series


Recommended Posts


Good job. Right to the point, no "ummms", well spoken. You could make your own Youtube vids. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing how the speed settings alter the target recovery speed when I get one in hand. The "other" detector leaves something to be desired there when working in trashy areas, causing lots of holding the coil still and waiting for recovery.

Also curious how the timings work in alkali. Like, is Salt timing kinda overkill? Fine or Normal work ok with a bit of grunt/groan?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for these!  I am very interested in this detector to replace my aging Gpx 4800.  One question, do you know if the operating channel or frequency can be manually changed?  The auto scan is nice if you are out hunting alone amd do it once or twice during the hunt, but if you are doing a large group hunt, as people wander through your area its nice to be able to change it manually like on the gpx. Waiting on that full scan multiple times a day gets old fast. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, jasong said:

Good job. Right to the point, no "ummms", well spoken. You could make your own Youtube vids. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing how the speed settings alter the target recovery speed when I get one in hand. The "other" detector leaves something to be desired there when working in trashy areas, causing lots of holding the coil still and waiting for recovery.

Also curious how the timings work in alkali. Like, is Salt timing kinda overkill? Fine or Normal work ok with a bit of grunt/groan?

The speed setting differences are pretty subtle. I only use slow myself, since it is the quietest. Salt is only for worst of the worst, like the beach, as the other settings will usually handle any normal desert stuff with ease.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bootyhunter said:

Thanks for these!  I am very interested in this detector to replace my aging Gpx 4800.  One question, do you know if the operating channel or frequency can be manually changed?  The auto scan is nice if you are out hunting alone amd do it once or twice during the hunt, but if you are doing a large group hunt, as people wander through your area its nice to be able to change it manually like on the gpx. Waiting on that full scan multiple times a day gets old fast. 

There is no manual adjust unfortunately, on either the ground balance, or the frequency scan. I'd like both myself. Honestly, it always just comes down to a judgement call on what is needed, and what is too much. I advise, but don't make those calls. The frequency scan is god awful slow, but good news is you rarely have to use it. Or at least I did not. No doubt somebody will find some place in Arizona that really sucks, happens every time. :smile:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There is no manual adjust unfortunately, on either the ground balance, or the frequency scan. I'd like both myself. Honestly, it always just comes down to a judgement call on what is needed, and what is too much. I advise, but don't make those calls. The frequency scan is god awful slow, but good news is you rarely have to use it. Or at least I did not. No doubt somebody will find some place in Arizona that really sucks, happens every time. :smile:

Thanks for the reply. I sometimes attene group relic hunts and people wander through the area you are working with their detector. We learned on the GPX's to just manual tune to a clear channel as its faster than autotune. Hopefully this is something Garrett can add in a software update. 🙏 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another great video from our fearless leader... please forgive Steve if you want to just add it to yours and delete this... just saw it go up..

Edit: Two new videos moved to sequence in first post. Thanks Jennifer.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Steve.... these are AWESOME... I can't wait to get mine, sit down and re-watch all these and look at your posts on starting and running.... great info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...