Axiom Instructional Video Training Series

Good job. Right to the point, no "ummms", well spoken. You could make your own Youtube vids. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing how the speed settings alter the target recovery speed when I get one in hand. The "other" detector leaves something to be desired there when working in trashy areas, causing lots of holding the coil still and waiting for recovery.

Also curious how the timings work in alkali. Like, is Salt timing kinda overkill? Fine or Normal work ok with a bit of grunt/groan?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for these!  I am very interested in this detector to replace my aging Gpx 4800.  One question, do you know if the operating channel or frequency can be manually changed?  The auto scan is nice if you are out hunting alone amd do it once or twice during the hunt, but if you are doing a large group hunt, as people wander through your area its nice to be able to change it manually like on the gpx. Waiting on that full scan multiple times a day gets old fast. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jasong said:

Good job. Right to the point, no "ummms", well spoken. You could make your own Youtube vids. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing how the speed settings alter the target recovery speed when I get one in hand. The "other" detector leaves something to be desired there when working in trashy areas, causing lots of holding the coil still and waiting for recovery.

Also curious how the timings work in alkali. Like, is Salt timing kinda overkill? Fine or Normal work ok with a bit of grunt/groan?

The speed setting differences are pretty subtle. I only use slow myself, since it is the quietest. Salt is only for worst of the worst, like the beach, as the other settings will usually handle any normal desert stuff with ease.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bootyhunter said:

Thanks for these!  I am very interested in this detector to replace my aging Gpx 4800.  One question, do you know if the operating channel or frequency can be manually changed?  The auto scan is nice if you are out hunting alone amd do it once or twice during the hunt, but if you are doing a large group hunt, as people wander through your area its nice to be able to change it manually like on the gpx. Waiting on that full scan multiple times a day gets old fast. 

There is no manual adjust unfortunately, on either the ground balance, or the frequency scan. I'd like both myself. Honestly, it always just comes down to a judgement call on what is needed, and what is too much. I advise, but don't make those calls. The frequency scan is god awful slow, but good news is you rarely have to use it. Or at least I did not. No doubt somebody will find some place in Arizona that really sucks, happens every time. :smile:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There is no manual adjust unfortunately, on either the ground balance, or the frequency scan. I'd like both myself. Honestly, it always just comes down to a judgement call on what is needed, and what is too much. I advise, but don't make those calls. The frequency scan is god awful slow, but good news is you rarely have to use it. Or at least I did not. No doubt somebody will find some place in Arizona that really sucks, happens every time. :smile:

Thanks for the reply. I sometimes attene group relic hunts and people wander through the area you are working with their detector. We learned on the GPX's to just manual tune to a clear channel as its faster than autotune. Hopefully this is something Garrett can add in a software update. 🙏 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Axiom Instructional Video Training Series
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Seems right up my alley...simple. I don't like detectors that are complicated, and make you start second guessing on weather it's set up good or not. Rather detect, than program. Now, ...if only I did NOT have to pay for my daughter's wedding in October, haha

• Like 2

Nice set of videos Steve! Well done! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1