Jump to content

Axiom Instructional Video Training Series


Recommended Posts

Seems right up my alley...simple. I don't like detectors that are complicated, and make you start second guessing on weather it's set up good or not. Rather detect, than program. Now, ...if only I did NOT have to pay for my daughter's wedding in October, haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Nice set of videos Steve! Well done! 👍

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, deathray said:

Seems right up my alley...simple. I don't like detectors that are complicated, and make you start second guessing on weather it's set up good or not. Rather detect, than program. Now, ...if only I did NOT have to pay for my daughter's wedding in October, haha

It’s a tough balance. I like detectors to be simple…. but not too simple! :laugh: We all have different places where we draw that line. I think I’m kind of in the middle. I sure don’t need White’s V3i or GPX 5000 level of control. But on the other end, detectors like the Gold Monster and GPX 6000 have gone super minimal. Ground tracking whether you want it or not, and even no threshold control. Yes, they work, but I chafe at bit at not having at least a little more control. Axiom does seem to be a happy medium in that regard, at least for me. With good presets, up and running fast, and better yet, saves all settings when powered off. Most detecting is just turn on and go.

Congrats on the wedding, regardless of the bill. :smile:

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've added the latest of the video series to the original post so set is complete for now, though more will probably be added in the future. My favorite by far is the Tips For Success video. Garrett did a great job editing that, and left in all the trash finds to keep it real. I like that. :smile:

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched all the videos Steve and I am absolutely buzzing with excitement 🤤.... Plus your videos are very informative yet simple and to the point.... Please keep them coming.

Also, I was concerned on how the Axiom feels for taller people....  It looks like it's balance point adjusts easily for different coil sizes & weights. Not sure of your height but it never looked cumbersome in any way with the different coils on. After fighting my GPZ and having 2 torn shoulders and a torn thumb this is one of my biggest concerns with detectors designed for the average sized person.

I really think the dual ground balance feature, iron disc, multiple coils sizes at time of release and salt setting on this PI is going to make it the new gold standard. 

Hopefully, Doc is working on a cover for the new Axiom. 🪡🧵

Alpha? 😉

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Deep Beeps said:

Just watched all the videos Steve and I am absolutely buzzing with excitement 🤤.... Plus your videos are very informative yet simple and to the point.... Please keep them coming.

Also, I was concerned on how the Axiom feels for taller people....  It looks like it's balance point adjusts easily for different coil sizes & weights. Not sure of your height but it never looked cumbersome in any way with the different coils on. After fighting my GPZ and having 2 torn shoulders and a torn thumb this is one of my biggest concerns with detectors designed for the average sized person.

I really think the dual ground balance feature, iron disc, multiple coils sizes at time of release and salt setting on this PI is going to make it the new gold standard. 

Hopefully, Doc is working on a cover for the new Axiom. 🪡🧵

Alpha? 😉

Spoke with Doc a day or so ago about that, yes, covers will be in the works if they ever ship the thing, can’t design a cover without a product to get measurements on. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Spoke with Doc a day or so ago about that, yes, covers will be in the works if they ever ship the thing, can’t design a cover without a product to get measurements on. 

I'm more than willing to donate my time and gas to take Steve's from Reno down to Doc in Henderson..... Should only take me about 3-4 weeks to make that drive. Probably best to take the charger, headphones and extra coils in case he wants to make a carry pouch for the whole kit or something. 😜

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...