Axiom Instructional Video Training Series

2 hours ago, deathray said:

Seems right up my alley...simple. I don't like detectors that are complicated, and make you start second guessing on weather it's set up good or not. Rather detect, than program. Now, ...if only I did NOT have to pay for my daughter's wedding in October, haha

It’s a tough balance. I like detectors to be simple…. but not too simple! :laugh: We all have different places where we draw that line. I think I’m kind of in the middle. I sure don’t need White’s V3i or GPX 5000 level of control. But on the other end, detectors like the Gold Monster and GPX 6000 have gone super minimal. Ground tracking whether you want it or not, and even no threshold control. Yes, they work, but I chafe at bit at not having at least a little more control. Axiom does seem to be a happy medium in that regard, at least for me. With good presets, up and running fast, and better yet, saves all settings when powered off. Most detecting is just turn on and go.

Congrats on the wedding, regardless of the bill. :smile:

• Like 6

I've added the latest of the video series to the original post so set is complete for now, though more will probably be added in the future. My favorite by far is the Tips For Success video. Garrett did a great job editing that, and left in all the trash finds to keep it real. I like that. :smile:

Important note added 11/22/22 - Do Not Go To Full Sensitivity except for rare situations. This contradicts the video, but Axiom went on steroids after it was shot, so I will be adding an addendum asap. New information on recommended sensitivity settings 11/23/22

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just watched all the videos Steve and I am absolutely buzzing with excitement 🤤.... Plus your videos are very informative yet simple and to the point.... Please keep them coming.

Also, I was concerned on how the Axiom feels for taller people....  It looks like it's balance point adjusts easily for different coil sizes & weights. Not sure of your height but it never looked cumbersome in any way with the different coils on. After fighting my GPZ and having 2 torn shoulders and a torn thumb this is one of my biggest concerns with detectors designed for the average sized person.

I really think the dual ground balance feature, iron disc, multiple coils sizes at time of release and salt setting on this PI is going to make it the new gold standard. 

Hopefully, Doc is working on a cover for the new Axiom. 🪡🧵

Alpha? 😉

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

With machine shipping, time to bump this up. I just added this note to my tips video post above:

Important note added 11/22/22 - Do Not Go To Full Sensitivity except for rare situations. This contradicts the video, but Axiom went on steroids after it was shot, so I will be adding an addendum asap. New information on recommended sensitivity settings 11/23/22

• Like 2

• This topic was pinned and featured
  • This topic was unfeatured and unpinned
On 8/6/2022 at 10:36 AM, deathray said:

Seems right up my alley...simple. I don't like detectors that are complicated, and make you start second guessing on weather it's set up good or not. Rather detect, than program. Now, ...if only I did NOT have to pay for my daughter's wedding in October, haha

I'm with you.  I love things that are simple and Garrett Metal Detectors are just that!  Some of the Competition out there is like navigating through your Smart Phone.  They have way more adjustments than I can ever start to understand.

Walt

• Like 2